Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I just picked up 2 KLR 650s, one is a 2005 and one is a 2010. The 2005 has some supermoto wheels I am going to put on the 2010. I know the wheels themselves are the same, but saw somewhere the rotors are different. Does anyone know what the difference is, are the 2008+ rotors a little larger or what?

The 2005 has the EBC 320mm oversize disc kit and I was wondering if that would work on the 2010? If not I will just swap the 2010 rotors on to the Supermoto wheels and use them for now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
The 2010 has a larger diameter rotor and a different caliper. I'll bet the 320mm Gen1 caliper mount won't work on the Gen2.
JJ

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
+ 1. Some creative brackateering effort is necessary to adapt the dual-piston Generation 2 caliper to a single-piston Generation 1 bracket.

Heard tell Eagle Mike has a bracket for a Generation 2 caliper adapted to a Generation 2 with 320 mm rotor; maybe so, but not cataloged.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Both EBC and Galfer offer a 320mm kit for the Gen2 complete with the required caliper relocation bracket.
JJ
True.

Edited my previous post; I'm interested in adapting Generation 2 dual-piston caliper to a Generation 1 with 320-mm rotor.

Revised post:

-----------------------------------

Some creative brackateering effort is necessary to adapt the dual-piston Generation 2 caliper to a single-piston Generation 1 bracket.

Heard tell Eagle Mike has a bracket for a Generation 2 caliper adapted to a Generation 1 with 320 mm rotor; maybe so, but not cataloged.

-----------------------------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts