Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may have seen RRockTools did a giveaway on their Windscreen brackets and I was the lucky winner! Well it finally warmed up enough yesterday where I could get out on the bike and give these brackets a proper shakedown. I can honestly say these things rock! I know they are being marketed more towards taller riders but if you are a shorter rider like me (I'm 5'8") they are awesome. I installed them and put the windscreen in the top position and it puts me in a pocket or more like a "cone of silence" LOL. I'm not sure if I will leave it in this configuration once summer gets here (I live in SC and shocker it gets pretty hot here) but for now this is definitely my winter setup! I was amazed that when I leaned down into the windscreen and then went back to normal riding position the wind noise etc stayed the same. I'm very much pleased with them. The only thing I could see that needs improving for me would be the installation instructions. I know I'm not the sharpest knife but I don't think I'm the dullest either and the instructions were a bit of a challenge. I ended up pulling up the pics that were posted and going by them. Maybe if everything in the kit was identified it would be clearer? Anyway it's not rocket science and I was able to figure it out and the end result is amazing so benefits far outweighed the challenge! I can't thank RR enough for putting up the giveaway and allowing a shorter rider like me the opportunity to try out these brackets! I'll say it again these brackets will definitely benefit riders of all heights!!

·
Premium Member
9,555 Posts
Excellent review Eric.

And it is from someone with a LOT of hard miles under his butt & past his ears guys!
(I have zero connection to RRockTools and haven't even seen a 2022 model yet.)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
+1. In 5’10” and these helped tremendously, and the windscreen isn’t even in the highest position. Great work, sir!!

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bicycle part Carbon

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Good to hear that they're working out. As for the instructions, I'll try to do better. I'm a lifelong wrench, certified in 1986 and I can fix everything from a emak ice auger to a LS 98 Link Belt dragline. If you ask me HOW I fixed it or to right down the steps I performed to fix it is where I struggle. I just see the problem and fix it. I'll start over with my wife asking questions and snapping some pics and include them in a pdf that can be emailed to the purchaser.

Thanks again for the critic and it will only help going forward.

·
Registered
2022 KLR Lava Non ABS
2 Posts
Would some kind soul post the link? I've searched and can't find their site. I am very interested!

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts