Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I rode out to the Gila River, about 25 miles NW of town and saw a very common potential problem on the Bill Evans Lake Road. This is open range country and if you're riding in a place like this you want to pay attention. Hitting this at any speed would ruin your day. Can you picture hitting it at 50 mph ?? Can you spell cartwheel ??

The one at the Hwy 180 junction was even worse but traffic prevented a similar picture. This one makes the point, I think, eh ??

.............Lar.

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Wow! That does look nasty! I've never seen those around here except on private property, and the ones I've seen are a lot smaller and consist of piping (usually oilfield drill stem piping) running across the road. Like you say, best to keep your wits about you when riding in unfamiliar territory.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Yeah, that's messed up. I would say "A Lawsuit Waiting To Happen" for the state of New Mexico. Good thing you noticed it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wyoming used to use similar "cattle gaurds" at all of the on/off ramps to the interstates and major highways. The whole state was/is pretty much "open range". Last time I visited my parents I noticed they had been removed, at least in the Gillette area. A real waker upper in a car, a nightmare on a bike! Good job staying aware, ride safe...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought Obama was requesting we hire more cattle guards to help with unemployment? I was sure they were everywhere by now. Oh well at least you noticed the real one before it caused you a ton of grief.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts