Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had something happen to me the other day, and wanted to pass this on to you all. I was riding to work the other day and felt something loose with the front end. I pulled over, and behold my steering stem nut was loose... alot!!!

Please check this on a regular basis. I had checked this before Tim, Dave and I went on our 1200 mile ride a few months ago, but it backed off. If you notice me around tech days I am always checking everyone's bike for this. So quit reading this and go out and check it, and let me know how many are loose!

THAT IS ALL!

MB4

·
Registered
815 Posts
Mine was loose while off-roading last year and I couldn't figure out what the little high pitch rattle was for the longest time, it drove me crazy until I started putting my left hand all over the place in the front and finally just happened to brush the washer and heard the noise stop. I stopped and examined the situation and saw the nut all the way out touching the handlebar. Thankfully it can't fall off. You can't see it undone while sitting on the bike it just looks normal from that angle.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was loose while off-roading last year and I couldn't figure out what the little high pitch rattle was for the longest time, it drove me crazy until I started putting my left hand all over the place in the front and finally just happened to brush the washer and heard the noise stop. I stopped and examined the situation and saw the nut all the way out touching the handlebar. Thankfully it can't fall off. You can't see it undone while sitting on the bike it just looks normal from that angle.
I have bar risers on mine so I could of lost it! Scared the crap out of me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts