Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new seat for my KLR and I am leaning toward a Sargent. Does anybody have one or had any experience with Sargent? I had a Corbin on my 96 Nighthawk 750 and was not impressed in the least, even after the break-in period it was horrible, so Corbin is definitely out the question.

Bryce

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm an official Corbin hater, so my answer's a bit off, but the Sargent stuff is top quality!! Excellent comfort and you can customize it nicely to whatever you want..
And, unlike Corbin, they'll stand behind it..

I have a friend who rides a ton of mile on his BMW and the Sargent was his choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I'm glad to know I'm not the only corbin hater here. Aside from weighing 100lbs. the corbin hardly fit, it took two people to put it on not to mention it was like sitting on concrete. I saw that Sargent is now producing seats for the KLR and thought I could be the guinea pig to test it for the forum. I will let you know how it is in a few weeks.

Bryce

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet. I lost my oil plug on the highway a month ago and I need to do some engine work. As soon as she's done I plan on getting my seat. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Sargent "low" model, ordered it the first day they were orderable.

I couldn't be happier with it, it is way more comfortable than the Corbin dished and dual platforms I had on the bike before.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Calling Lockjaw!! Photos needed!!

Gojoe,
LJ's got a great Sargent on his Gen 2 bike...
Whenever you call me, I'll be there... :35a:

(Mark's bike was tired. :character00271:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I do, but I'm at work...if you can wait until tomorrow....

I really like my Sargent seat (the low version) because I can move around on it....
Mac

·
Registered
522 Posts
The Sargent is better than stock, but if you have a wide load, you might as well go with Russell Day Long because you ain't gonna be happy. Context....I want to ride over 100 miles with not seat discomfort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one on the 08 i picked up and like it. I'm a big guy with a wide load the first ride i took on it was nice about 50 miles and no problem.The next one was about 100 and i did feel a little something. I bought the wally world seat cover and did a 220 mile ride and felt great.I can't compare to stock But its a hell of a lot better then the all out dirt seat i had on my 08 ktm 530.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I HAVE BOTH the Wally world cover and the Sargent. To get it so my rear right near the crack toward the back isn't bitching on my 85 mile ride from Salem, VA to Amherst, VA, I have to do the following.

1) Sargent
2) Wally world pad with 1/2" kneeling foam between it and the Sargent.
3) Sweet Cheeks with 1 inch kneeling foam between it and the Wally world pad.

Now, does it sound like I might need a little something special???
:character00271:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'm thinking of adding one of those circular hemoroid pillows. Joking. Sort of. :)

I don't have them...but it seems like that would be comfy. Actually, when I'm back in the scrilla I'm getting a sheepskin for long, loaded rides. Or female genitalia. Whatever is cheaper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts