Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
Or you could do something like this.
I have 3 or 4 of those Kolpin Cases. I have the Mounting kit(s) to mount them on a Toro Twister/Mid-Duty Workman (I worked on, and for Toro for awhile) that I was thinking of a way to mount on my Bike. I can't think of a way to make those kits work. It would be nice to have a rifle in a hard case if needed. It would be nice for an option on those remote trips.

Willie

Reactions: Br549rick

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
Or you could do something like this.
I have 3 or 4 of those Kolpin Cases. I have the Mounting kit(s) to mount them on a Toro Twister/Mid-Duty Workman (I worked on and for Toro for awhile) that I was thinking of a way to mount on my Bike. I can't think of a way to make those kits work. It would be nice to have a rifle in a hard case if needed. It would be nice for an option on those remote trips.

Willie

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
With a Widened / Strengthened rear rack @Jts45acp in FL used to carry his weapon in a Kolpin case and a 70lb Labrador.
OK.... so I have a 60lb Lab mix that I had thought to myself, how am I going to ride as much as I want and still keep her (the Lab, not the wife) happy? I've seen many H-D riders with smaller Dogs on Bikes. I'll have to look for photos of this guy & his Lab!

Thank you for the 411!

Willie

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
I plan on carrying a.... Fishing Pole on my KLR too! One of those Semi-Auto, collapsible types!

Why.... to fish if I want! I know.... crazy, right? Those things can be dangerous! Razor sharp hooks and all! ;)

Willie

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
Never know when you might run into one of those grizzly curves.

Proof some people should NOT be allowed to own a Firearm!

Willie

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts

· Registered
2022 KLR650
392 Posts
The koplin case worked great if I didn't crash the bike much. I prefer my saddle scabbard from my horse. Remove the seat and attach to the frame. In cowboy terms I ran mine south east. The exhaust got things further from mud and water.
Do you have a photo of the Bike with the Saddle Scabbard on? More info on this set-up?

Being Disabled, I'm wanting the ability to carry a Shotgun or Rifle if needed for a few reasons.

1.) It's my RIGHT!

2.) Before becoming broken, I was a hunter. I'd like to be able to try hunting again. My KLR is going to be my Mobility Vehicle.

3.) Being Disabled, the Doctors & Government have granted me the right to hunt/shoot from a Motor Vehicle. I'd like to be able to have easy access to the Firearm if needed.

4.) I'd like to see if I can do the Moto-Camping thing. Being Disabled and having to use a Cane, can paint a Victim picture to some people with bad intent. I will NOT be a victim! I think it was Sam Colt put it best regarding the Firearm (his) and making things equal.

Thank you!

Willie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts