Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, I have even more of an appreciation for this stuff now. After sitting for two weeks waiting for a new battery, the Boreem Robot 50cc scooter (a.k.a. "Rolling Thunder") wouldn't run worth a damn and I was getting pissed, uttering many unrepeatable profanities since I really didn't want to pull the carb out again and clean the jets which is a PITA unless you're blessed with small Asian-sized hands and Asian-type patience, neither of which I possess.

Decided to hit it with a heavy dose of Seafoam and follow my wife's advice of "Maybe it will start in the morning."

I dumped a prodigious amount of Seafoam in the tank and rode it, sputtering and stalling as far as I could to try to move some of it into the lines and carb.

Sure enough, this morning it fired right up and is running good. Since it doesn't use much gas, I think from now on I'll run about a 50/50 gas/Seafoam mixture in the Asian Nightmare. I wonder if it would run on straight Seafoam?...................

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might have to try to find some for the scooter. This is an ongoing problem with it.

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, perhaps the Seafoam worked, but all for naught. After it was running great around town this morning, I tried to start it this afternoon and on the second crank attempt I heard a loud clattering and kind of a bang. Now the engine's locked up. I can't even get it to turn standing with my 280 pounds on the kick starter, so something must be majorly wrong. It won't even turn with the spark plug out.

I'd say Rolling Thunder has thundered its last here. Investigating what's wrong is not something I'm inclined to do and it's certainly not worth paying somebody to tear into it.

Think it's time to ditch it for parts or donate it to some teenage tinkerer.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Too many wheelies and smoky burnouts?

R.I.P. RT

·
Premium Member
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I was right at the max weight limit and pretty much always operated it at wide-open throttle, but I wouldn't say I abused it. Heck with it. After some more pondering, I think I'll just yank the engine out before it gets cold and set it on my work bench this Winter and tear into it and see if I can figure out what's wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Got nothing to lose and hopefully it'll be a simple fix.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Sadly, Seafoam can only do so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts