Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Would you like to do a Seat Concepts Group Buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was setting this up over at the .net site and was banned by the owner. Since this site is much more relaxed I figured I would see if there was any interest here. At the time of him shutting me down we had about 20 people and rising. If we can get around that many here we should be able to get a deal. Last time I did this, with 10+ buyers we would get 10% off and 20+ buyers we got 20% off.

Link: Seat Concepts KLR 650 Seats

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Since the seats will fit either Gen 1 or 2 bikes, I'm going to move this over to the General discussion in hopes that more will see it. I'll also sticky it to keep it on the top until the poll expires..

Good luck with the Group buy.. I've already got an aftermarket seat, so I'm not interested, but I wish you the best of luck..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a quick question----Does the Seat Concepts mod improve the comfort enough to let you ride more than 1-1 1/2 hours before getting off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For most people yes. I have them on all my other bikes and never have to think about my butt while riding. The foam is great and they fix the sore butts for 99% of the people. The other 1% should just stay at home on their recliners...

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I already have a wide corbin seat, but the group buy seems like a great idea. I wonder what other kinds of products we can apply it to...? :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
klr4ever

Yea, yea, yea, I would also like to see it on a M/C. It just looks like it will fit toooo big on a klr.?????

I am definitely interested on a NEW seat...I just haven't decided which one to buy. $$$$ is no object here. I just want a comfortable seat.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
A new seat decission has many things to concider IMHO....if mostly and I mean mostly, on road then that All Day Russle is the best seat out there.....BUT, it needs to be made to fit you and your seating position and weight. Russel asks for a pic of you sitting in that position so they can them measure you and your bike to the seat.
If, you like a good solid feeling seat, the Corbin flat is the top in this style IMHO...sorry to the others....to each their own. I copied one and I can ride all day and never think about my butt!

The rest....well I can't say....I do have a Rick Mayer seat and it is perfect for around town and day trips where you aren't sitting on the seat from tank to tank to tank distances. But for shorter rides it is the cat's ass as it were...lol.

The rest are replica's of these IMHO......and IF you have any skills at all you can make a very good seat yourself. If I can, you can!:13:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
The one on eBay is a Day Long copy.. They're actually pretty comfy. A friend of mine had one, but sold the KLR last summer.. He had ridden my Day Long and said the copy was nice, but not as supportive as the actual Day Long seat.. On the other hand, it's a couple hundred less..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was wondering what happened to that thread at the other site ..
Im still interested . i currently have a corbin which is not bad at all , my two problems with it are 1) its HEAVY .. A lot heavier then the stock one b) its not waterproof . water is absorbed into the foam and leaks onto my leg .
If this is a go , i will lighten up my pig and when i throw it together ill make sure its 100% waterproof .
oh yea anyone wantto buy a corbin ? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That sucks man. If we can get this going here I will be happy to get everything together but at this rate it's not looking like this is gonna happen. I'm suprised seeing how somany wanted to jump in over at the .net site.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Need a stock OEM seat for conversion????

The seat concepts is 159... at 20 percent off that would only be 127....thats a great price...I may be interested....
I have a stock OEM KLR seat off of a 2010 KLR for sale if anyone needs a stock seat/seat pan for a Seat Concept installation. Let me know if you are interested.
:desismiley1::35a:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts