Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked up a seat concepts seat this week for the KLR. It was a used seat, picked up for a little over half of what I would have paid new. The PO had done the install himself and there were wrinkles close to the tank. My family owned an upholstery business. My grandfather had started it and my father had worked at it while he was in university back in the late 60’s so naturally I have picked up a few tricks over the years from them. My uncle owns it now and has re done seats on other bikes over the years. I have only ridden about 40km on the new seat but wow what a difference on my gen 1. This isn’t the dishes seat it’s the regular. I don’t sink into the seat at all. I also picked up a rear coil spring this weekend and now my rear sag is set a lot better for my weight. I am 6’1” 240lbs so that factory spring was quite weak. I have been dumping a pile of $ into this bike so I had to do the upgrade frugally. Went for a good run Saturday did about 435km. I can’t get over the distance I can get on one tank. Went with a buddy of mine. We both ran cruisers last year. He still has his it’s a Vulcan drifter (nice bike). He was getting 200km to a tank roughly I have yet to figure out how many I get. Anyways if anyone wonders about the seat concepts seats I would get one based on what I know from my short ride. Hopefully will get out this week for a couple hundred km to really test it out.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Pics?

What kind of fix did you do to address the wrinkles -or did I misunderstand?

TY!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post some after. I just took out staples and worked the cover tighter until it was smooth. Turned out great, I am patting myself on my back 😂

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got out on the klr over the past couple days, did roughly 100km with my son, he has a little Ninja 500. We did some back road riding in the twisties. My butt wasn't sore at all, so good investment. I find that with the new spring the bike handles better, it may be just me thinking it handles better who knows. I am definitely higher up from the ground, I am almost tippy toeing when I am stopped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts