Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently went to a dirt bike shop for mod parts (crashguards, skidplates, etc.) and they mentioned a company based in the Seattle area that makes parts mainly for the KLR650. The employee couldn't remember the name of the place. I have done some research but have not had any luck. Anyone on here know where they were talking about?

Thanks!

Devon

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
I probably do know the name but I wouldn't buy anything from them as they have a history of stealing people's ideas and making cheaper knock off parts in China and selling them a bit cheaper than the good stuff. Call dirtracks for crashbars and JNS for skidplates......Eaglemike for other stuff.

2 cents,
Dave

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
Let's call a spade a spade. Plain speaking is the order of the day, as long as it is objective, no?

It is KLR650.com. They offer a lot of stuff for sale. Some of it is decent, some of it is Cheap Chinese Crap. To be fair, a lot of businesses offer a lot of CCC.

They have a somewhat checkered past regarding some proprietary products, most notably the balancer lever, where they have had knock-offs made and sold them without full disclosure that they were knock-offs. For that reason, some folks choose not to deal with them.

Setting that aside, they do sell a lot of name-brand stuff, though I can't say whether or not their prices are especially good.

I've never done business with them, more because their website is abysmal than because of the 'knock-off' issue.

I thought they were located in Spokane and shared the brick and mortar with Motorcycle Accessory Supply House. I don't think MASH has a website and I always find it a bit shady when any business doesn't have a 'Contact Us' that clearly tells you where they are located, as is the case with KLR650.com.

Reactions: DPelletier

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Thanks Tom; I didn't want to step on anyones toes: you can't even type that name on .net or it gets removed (yeah, I know, different set of rules). I refuse to deal with them mainly because I don't trust anyone that would misrepresent parts. I also consider Mike a friend and asset to the KLR community and continue to wish him the very best during this difficult time in his personal life.....but I would steer clear of them even without the doohickey issue.

I'm not your typical KLR owner in that I often pay more for better parts whenever they are available......while people are proud of their "thriftyness" with hand stitched plastics, washers under their main jets and duct tape and bailing wire holding parts of their bikes together, I'm far too anal about my stuff and the desire to make my bikes as bulletproof as possible to compromise quality when there are alternatives.....though I respect the ingenuity of people trying to be as frugal as possible.

Anyhow,
2 cents,
Dave

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
...I didn't want to step on anyones toes...
Not possible! Telling it like it is, explaining why, plain talk, being objective, that'll never go out of style - at least here.

Reactions: DPelletier
1 - 9 of 9 Posts