Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2022 klr with no crash bars and am having trouble finding a skid plate that will fit mine. The ones on amazon do not specify if you need crash bars or not to be able to install them. Can any one help please?

· Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,232 Posts
Gen 2 versions all fit. I have the enduro engineering brand on my gen 3. Search for a 2018 klr650 and pick one you like. My suggestion is if you will eventually install crashbars, make sure the skid plate will be compatible.

· Registered
162 Posts
I purchased SRC bars and skid plate for my Adventure model. You don’t have to have crash bars to fit a skid plate but you do need to ensure that they are compatible with each other if you plan to fit both but from different brands.
Bag Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Metal

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Hood Car

Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
2022 Khaki no abs, Thermobob 2, tusk panniers gen2, modified crash bars gen2, Tusk D-flex, 16t front
428 Posts
He may need one this year though...
Ordered my shifter from happy trails end of last month and it said "in stock". Then, once I ordered they said it's supposed to ship on the 17th... If I would've known they were that back ordered on shipping for an in stock item I would've ordered the IMS at Rocky mountain and it would already be installed. They Should've warned a guy about that before taking my money. "JUST A HEADS UP... Yo we're slow AF addressing envelopes and boxes"

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Check out Enduro Engineering. Ten minute install.
Electronic device Gas Gadget Wood Machine
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Vehicle door

Electronic device Gas Gadget Wood Machine

· Premium Member
12,048 Posts
I still don't like that 'snagale' of a 'wart' around the drain plug.
Kinda' near impossible to slide over a log in the road, I'm sure!

· Premium Member
294 Posts
It is there to protect your oil plug. I am more into functionality than looks. Rip your oil plug out and see how that works out.

· Registered
2022 KLR650
1,220 Posts
That “enduro engineering” brand is one of the only skid plates that works with the Tusk lower crash bars on the gen 3.

It’s a shame RMATV didn’t put that in the disclaimer when I bought them. Now they don’t want to accept my return. I’m not removing my ricochet skid plate to install those stupid lower CB’s! Skid plate stays.

I do not like the undercarriage of that pan. I’m very hard on skid plates, and would bang that bulbous dimple all to hell. There’s no side protection either.

Reactions: Fepony

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Sorry, I am 71 and don't ride that hard. Just tossed it out there.

· Registered
2022 KLR650
1,220 Posts
Sorry, I am 71 and don't ride that hard. Just tossed it out there.
As long as your riding….that’s what matters!

Reactions: Fepony

· Premium Member
294 Posts
Been riding since I was 15. Not much dirt so I am taking it slow. Had a stroke in 2001. Didn't ride due to balance issues for a long time. My wife and love of my life for 53 years passed away on March 26th and I promised her I would ride again. Living off grid, I went to KLR. Back in the day, we took 30 days every year and did Sturgis and traveled. I miss her and those days.

· Premium Member
294 Posts
72 on March 28th. I will be making a 4000 mile KLR trip very soon. I am getting everything ready. New Mexico to Florida and back. Camping, Hilton, and fishing along the way. All back roads and scenic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts