Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4:45 or so this morning the first few hit, I've heard 3 and the largest being 5.2. We had another about 10:15. The origin is apparently Illinois, but I don't know much more yet.

Such an odd feeling when your not used to them. It really hasn't been that long since the last round of quakes so it's not looking good for our area. Will have to wait to hear the findings and see if they predict a big one.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I didn't notice anything this far north, but then again, I've slept through a couple while out in California..:)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I think the reason I didn't feel it is that everything that comes north is sucked into the BlackHole called Chicago.. I'm sure the shock waves were sucked into the city, just like my tax money.. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well it pulled me straight out of bed and had the whole house outside in a matter of mins. I have never seen my 12 yr old daughter get out of bed so fast!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm an ex Los Angelean, that was nothing. I'm In Cincinnati right now for the next 3 weeks then back to Calif. I don't move until things start to fall and break. Although, I did have something fall off a high shelf and fall onto one of my previous bikes and broke the windshield. So if you have things stacked high near your bike, you should put the heavy things down low and the light things higher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts