Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! It's a new ride! I thought it would be a great ride, going right against Virginia, to northeast Tennessee to ride some great DS and twisty roads in the area. Notable places to see/ride include The Snake, Backbone Ridge, Roan Mtn Rhododendron Gardens (peak season), Ridgewood BBQ, and tons of great FS roads in the Tennessee/Virginia/N. Carolina mountains!

Switchback Creek Campground is nice place to set up camp, just a couple of miles from the Shady Valley Crossroads.

What: Shady Valley Ride
Where: Switchback Creek Camp
When: May 31-June 2 (Early Bird - May 30)
Why: Everyone needs some Virginia in their life!
Who: All welcome....adventure bikes like versatile KLR, rules!

Unfortunately, I don't know what my status will be for this ride. I have surgery on my leg right after TDT. Whether I am able to come, I think several of you guys could get a great ride started in this beautiful part of the southeast! I will make sure and share with the Mid-Atlantic Region as well!

Rider........................Steed.................Days

cherokee_chuck......???.....................?-?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I am new to the forum I ride a KTM 690 enduro r & a KTM 300 exc I would like to go to the Shady Valley Ride if it is still on how many riders are going it's a long ride for me to get there as I live in Athens TN gps says it about 4 hours from the house to there but if the event is a go I would like to come Thanks Bill

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all I am new to the forum I ride a KTM 690 enduro r & a KTM 300 exc I would like to go to the Shady Valley Ride if it is still on how many riders are going it's a long ride for me to get there as I live in Athens TN gps says it about 4 hours from the house to there but if the event is a go I would like to come Thanks Bill
Bill....you are just 30 minutes north of me. This is a new ride....and I unfortunately won't be in attendance. Nobody signed up, as of now. It may just be you and a few folks going....but it is a beautiful place to ride! For many years, I used to ride by myself...which is fun, but over the past 14 years, I have been riding in the KLR group rides! Lots of fun either way.

If you sign up, maybe a few others will follow suite...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who is going the Shady Valley ride this weekend please let me know so we can hook up Thanks Bill
Bill...I will put you on the list for coming....maybe a few others will end up wanting to join you. I post these rides on all 3 KLR forums...so I will update them all as people show interest on coming. Oh...the owner of the campground was going to hold these cabins longer for us if we needed them.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK......who else is wanting to go check out this beautiful part of the SE? Weather looking great!

Switchback Creek Campground is nice place to set up camp, just a couple of miles from the Shady Valley Crossroads.

What: Shady Valley Ride
Where: Switchback Creek Camp
When: May 31-June 2 (Early Bird - May 30)
Why: Everyone needs some Virginia in their life!
Who: All welcome....adventure bikes like versatile KLR, rules!

Unfortunately, I don't know what my status will be for this ride. I have surgery on my leg right after TDT. Whether I am able to come, I think several of you guys could get a great ride started in this beautiful part of the southeast! I will make sure and share with the Mid-Atlantic Region as well!

Rider........................Steed.................Days

GoldsbyBill..............KLR650...............?-?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts