Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spending a few days with the mother in-law, one more day. This is my vacation? Oh yea, today is my 29th anniversary and I love my wife unconditionally.:22a: If you pray, please send up a little prayer for me to have patience.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hmmmm.....?
I thought I have the only non stop talking inlaw....?....lol. She NEVER stops! Ever!
My wife had facial surgery many many years ago and when she came out of the op and she was in ICU....she looked real bad....a hugely swollen face with tubes coming out of everywhere....It took a load of strength to not break into tears looking at her.....the mouth turned to me and said...."Look what you have done to my daughter" That was it for my interest and talking to her....she is dead in my head from that moment on.
Sorry you have to suffer the in law yaking....a huge prayer going your way....stay strong and buy a good set of ear plugs......That is another thing I did to see if she would take the hint while driving her around....she would scream at us from the back seat thinking we were deaf! I started wearing earplugs when she went anywhere with us....she still screamed.....didn't even notice or get the hint she was screaming at the top of her lungs.....I just don't get it.....ear plus take the edge off......trust me....set yourself a set....lol.

Prayers going your way.....:13:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, today we were riding around and I asked the wife to drive while I sat in the back seat, way better than having mother yak in my ear from the back seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Laws

When I travel the 5 hours to visit the in laws I take my dogs. A saint bernard and a mastiff, the in laws don't like the dogs. When I tell my wife I am taking the dogs for a walk she knows it is code for " There is going to a blood bath if I don't get out of here!"

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I've found that an obvious, healthy, well-timed and theatrically-executed fart will usually quiet them down for awhile. Incessant nose-picking works, too, especially if you look right at them when you do it. Not for everybody tho, I guess.

I also have used ramsb's excellent dog-walking technique with great success. If I can't take one of my own dogs, I'll just grab one of theirs and take off with it. For most, the dogs would be preferable to my "Shock and Awe" approach.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No dogs with us here right now, they're visiting our daughter. Next time the dogs come with us. As for "Shock and Awe" hell she pulls that on me :ashamed0001:

Thanks for a bit of comic relief, I need it.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
No dogs with us here right now, they're visiting our daughter. Next time the dogs come with us. As for "Shock and Awe" hell she pulls that on me :ashamed0001:

Hey, a lot of us have been there. We understand, man! Just try to go with the flow until you can get away.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
I have to say that I was blessed with the most wonderful woman for a mother-in-law. I know where my wife gets it from. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 95. What a great person she was. We sure miss her.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, (ducks), my MIL is pretty great, too. I have often thought how much it would SUCH if I hated my in laws.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts

Tom said, sucking in his breath....

T

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even though you don't have dogs, maybe you should just stand up and say I am going to take the Dogs for a walk! I am sure that will raise some interesting conversation after you exit the room. : )

·
Registered
13 Posts
to CraigES

Maybe that would do the trick Craig. Even though you don't have dogs you should stand up and say you are taking the dogs for a walk. I am sure that will raise some interesting conversation once you exit the house!!! Sorry if I double posted, still trying to get the hang of this site.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Even though you don't have dogs, maybe you should just stand up and say I am going to take the Dogs for a walk! I am sure that will raise some interesting conversation after you exit the room. : )
Haha! :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually do care about my mother in-law.I know she's got a good heart. It's just that she is nuts, constantly complaining about everything. And she doesn't stop for even a minute. I did get a break today when the wife took her out for awhile. Well tomorrow morning were out of here, until next time.:16:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts