Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember where I bought mine from last time, but I'm about due for a new rear. I remember the price was good and they shipped for free. Anyone have any two cents on where to buy?
Figured I'd throw it out here while I spent my last 30 min at work "window shopping'.
Cheers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I thought that's where I might have ordered from last time, but I thought I remember the shipping for free and I thought a better price.
I think the best I've found so far shipped is amazon at $81 bucks.
Typically, I'd just order from whatever, but I'm being cheep for the next couple weeks. Saving up for a new Sig since the Taurus I bought is made of saltines (sorry, venting), plus daughter decided she needed a cavity filled.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Thanks.
I thought that's where I might have ordered from last time, but I thought I remember the shipping for free and I thought a better price.
I think the best I've found so far shipped is amazon at $81 bucks.
Typically, I'd just order from whatever, but I'm being cheep for the next couple weeks. Saving up for a new Sig since the Taurus I bought is made of saltines (sorry, venting), plus daughter decided she needed a cavity filled.
My heart goes out to you about the Taurus. 709 slim?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
My heart goes out to you about the Taurus. 709 slim?
I actually like my Slim.. I sold my LCP to get it..

And I'm looking foward to the thoughs on the 705.. I know more and more people are using them.. My eyes and ears are always open to an inexpensive, long lasting, decent gravel tire..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Mil Pro is having a 25-30% FTF rate. It's going back. I'm picking up a Sig p229 which is what I wanted in the first place, but I got cheap. I love Sigs. I already have a Sig 5 series rifle. But back on topic ;)

Paper, I have a post that I followed up on a couple days ago in regards to my 705 experience thus far. But for a quick review, I love the 705. http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=10035&page=3

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Sig.. My first was a P230.. Nice little carry .380, but it barked and came back like a .50!!
I now have a P226 in .40 that I bought from SOG as a police trade in.. Excellent weapon.. I've also got a P6 German Police Trade in.. Single stack 9mm, heavy trigger, but great weapon..

My favorite is my FNP9 in Dark Earth.. Unbelievable trigger, and accuracy!!

And thanks for the 705 info.. I know TomatoCity has loved running them, and a friend here and locally (60/40) has them on his Wee Strom.. As much as I like the 761, the 705 has me looking at it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I loved how the Mil Pro felt and carried. I love shooting it. But it's too unreliable for a EDC and/or a home defense side arm. My buddy picked up all my misfires out of the sand, stuck them in his Ruger p95 and it fired every one of them. Read on some forums that some of the Mil Pros have that issue. I'm not going to deal with it and move on to a side arm that I know I can trust.

I've always wanted to try the 761s, but I sure to trust the heck out of the 705s. Maybe when I need to replace the front tire, I'll slap on a set of 761s and give those a go.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
And I'm currently a resident of the ONLY state in the nation that doesn't have a form of CCW.. In fact, if you're caught carrying, it's a felony..
I've got a Utah permit and it sounds like I might soon be able to carry in Wisconsin..

My Slim is my carry weapon, when I'm legally allowed to carry. (IN, OH, MN, MO, etc)

I love the way my Remington 1911 shoots, but I can't get used to carrying a heavy gun..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Geez... you can't even open carry?
I love AZ in that respect. Don't even need a CCW here. I open carry however. Though when I go into a store or something, I usually slide my holder around back so it sits under my jacket tail. I know some people get uncomfortable around those who chose exercise their option to protect themselves. So I slightly hide it so it's just not obvious. I'm nice like that.
But I travel frequently on some open, dark and desolate stretches of desert highway and strange folk frequent those roads too. I'd sure hate to break down out there and have some creeps roll up on me.
Never had the opportunity to fire a 1911, though I'd very much like to. I've been checking out Rugers version.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Geez... you can't even open carry?
Open carry will have you in Jail in short order, if you're not shot by the police before that.. Like I said, it's a felony.. It's only allowed if you're in your own business or home, and then it must be last resort..

The last thing I want to do is shoot another human, but if it comes down to them or me, it'll be me, and there'll be only one story told to the police when it's all done.. I don't know how often criminals practice situational shooting, but I know how much I do.. And I buy bulk ammo..:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, that's horrible. I didn't realize that. The personal firearm laws are getting crazy. /sigh
And yes, I agree. I hope and pray I never have to fire upon a person, but I have no doubts that I would to protect my family and home.
I too buy bulk for the range. But I keep HV HPs loaded otherwise. I've also made sure everyone in my family knows how to use them, and is able to. We frequent the range as a family.
I'm curious. What are the long gun laws there?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm curious. What are the long gun laws there?
Well, as an IL resident you must have a State issued card called a FOID (Firearms Owners ID) to posses ammo, any firearm, etc.. Hell, you're not even allowed to LOOK (with your hands) at a firearm without presenting the FOID card..

Long guns must be cased and unloaded for transport, same as handguns.

24 hour waiting period on long gun purchases, and handguns are like 72 hours or something.. I get around some of the laws with my FFL-03 license, but not anything modern..

And of course, there's much worse states when it comes to this than IL..

We're working on CCW.. With IL being the only state left, it'll happen.. If we could just give Chicago to Madison, WI and let them become their own state, the rest of the Midwest would be much better off.. Hell, toss Milwaukee in there, too.:)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No waiting period at all here. They just run a check. Takes about 5 min. Fill out the paperwork and you can load it up and carry it with one in the chamber right out the door.
If you have a CCW permit, they don't even run a check as the CCW is the verification.
The state of affairs in regards to US fire arms laws are definitely disconcerting at the least.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Never had the opportunity to fire a 1911, though I'd very much like to.
Sir, take it from someone who has been there, continue on your path of a 1911-free lifestyle. These weapons are carriers of a deadly virus that attacks the mind, causing one to sell their children's teeth in order to farkle the SOB. An active Heroin addiction will create less havoc on a person that having a 1911 in your possession.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts