Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what/where to get ? I mangled mine trying to get that stupid plastic cap off.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Anyone know what/where to get ? I mangled mine trying to get that stupid plastic cap off.
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Nope.
Just use a common plastic cap, even if you have to use a razor blade or a grinder to shorten it.
All it does is keep the bugs and grit out!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You can replace the entire stem and core on a TUBELESS WHEEL, but on a tube the stem is built into the tube and only the core is replaceable.

·
Administrator
8,282 Posts
I don't know what thread is on the backside of the Kawasaki valve, i.e. 1/8-27 or 1/8-27 or if they are tapered or parallel, so this may not fit. Since they are using a Shrader valve one might hope they are using an NPT thread on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-CM3461-Auxiliary-Air-Valve/dp/B000C5BJFS/ref=pd_lpo_263_tr_t_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W7WAGHH9GAVBB1MMHDQG

You might want to call Fox and see if there is a standard for these things. Until you know what the thread is you're not going to be able to get a replacement. They aren't hard to find, though.

In a really low pressure application it almost doesn't make a difference, but at 140psi the wrong thread could leak.

It's unfortunate that it is not sold as a service item on the shock.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts