Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to put this topic, butt, here goes, if it was good enough for the Duke™, good enough for me. Just my horse dint bite back. I was test firing my new Ruger Blackhawk Convertible using the .45 acp wheel for the first time, decided to do it on my bike while on the "back 40"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAkn2y7K934

:mexican wave:

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
Glad to see that you were motion-less, Tym.

But I will say that in Wyoming, one could get a ticket for shooting from a motor vehicle, even if both of your feet are on the ground.
Even on your own property. ATV or Motorcycle, get off the unit.
Truck, get out of the vehicle, ok to then use the window for a steady rest. But only if you first drove Off The Roadway!
No shooting from or across a roadway.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
That's your land? I'd be hanging some milk jugs full of colored water from the trees and shooting at them while riding. Nice Blackhawk, BTW.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
That's your land? I'd be hanging some milk jugs full of colored water from the trees and shooting at them while riding. Nice Blackhawk, BTW.
Seriously planalp!

I have a friend, who lost her brother to a 22 caliber snake pistol, while riding/crashing a motorcycle! No one ever could figure the exact details! Accidents happen. Armed or not.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its my second, i love these single action's from Ruger. Built like a big hammer and loves +P+ loads.

Every time i looked at my old Bisley i wondered what it would be like with a short barrel, and since im stocked up on .45 Colt and .45acp:

The .45 Convertible just made so much sense.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
I've owned the .44 Magnum Redhawk but have never owned any of the Blackhawks. I don't know why because I really do like the looks of them and like single action revolvers.

I did pick up a Ruger Single Ten .22 awhile back and it's nothing but quality, reliability and accuracy.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Seriously planalp!

I have a friend, who lost her brother to a 22 caliber snake pistol, while riding/crashing a motorcycle! No one ever could figure the exact details! Accidents happen. Armed or not.

Food for thought.
Thanks for the warning, but it wont' do any good. Any food for thought I'm ever fed passes quickly through the old alimentary canal and is extruded as waste.......

I'm 53 and I've only shot myself 6 times. I figure that's pretty good.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Recent Washington Post obituary, retired veteran (age 94), had told of when he was in the 1st Cavalry (1940), a rider shot his horse in the head with a .45-caliber pistol while practicing mounted marksmanship.

"Let's be careful out there!"

Our state prohibits even riding with a loaded hunting firearm in an automobile on a roadway; don't know about on private property.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since i have a pistol permit i can carry a loaded pistol or revolver anywhere on me or anywhere in a MV in CT, however, i still cant carry a loaded long weapon in a motor vehicle.

When we talk about laws, we have "57" States to consider individually, as your State will vary...wait, i just counted the Stars on my flag, i can only find 50...:grin2:

Of course who knows what the laws on Guam say :35a:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Once the SBR comes in (stupid stamp...) it will be fitting nicely in my bag. Until then (and even after that), I will carry my Glock 30S anywhere and everywhere. Great pistol and even compatible with my Glock 21 mags.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Since i have a pistol permit i can carry a loaded pistol or revolver anywhere on me or anywhere in a MV in CT, however, i still cant carry a loaded long weapon in a motor vehicle.

When we talk about laws, we have "57" States to consider individually, as your State will vary...wait, i just counted the Stars on my flag, i can only find 50...:grin2:

Of course who knows what the laws on Guam say :35a:
I think my state's law is similar to the one in your first paragraph above; concealed carry permit holders may even carry a loaded handgun during primitive-weapons hunting seasons (although they must USE muzzle-loading firearms and/or archery gear in actual hunting).

As to the, "57 States," some territories and the District of Columbia may be included in the population.

Hey, RTB! What does, "SBR" signify?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only difference might be CT doesnt specify "concealed carry" on their pistol permits, if you have a permit you can conceal or open carry. However, if you open carry, most people in this State have a panic attack if they see a gun, will call the police, then light their hair on fire as they run away in a panic.

:fiddler:

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
It's an Olympic sport if ya do it on Skis.

Probably shouldn't be set to full auto on a good downhill run. LOL

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think my state's law is similar to the one in your first paragraph above; concealed carry permit holders may even carry a loaded handgun during primitive-weapons hunting seasons (although they must USE muzzle-loading firearms and/or archery gear in actual hunting).

As to the, "57 States," some territories and the District of Columbia may be included in the population.

Hey, RTB! What does, "SBR" signify?
SBR = Short Barrel Rifle

It is already built and I have been waiting a couple months on the stamp to be approved through the ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms). Approval right now is 4-6 months. :/

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, that was a bad, bad operation. No bueno on all parts involved.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yup. He failed to appear for charges of selling them. Then that started the op to sit in their secluded cabin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts