Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon had a flash 35% off deal on this fender, just installed it today and I was surprised by how much it reduced the highway wobble.

I read someone say it was the "best bang-for-buck mod", I don't know if that's entirely true but I'm definitely happy w/ the purchase (plus it looks gud) ;)

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Easy install?? Did you just have to drill holes in the fender and call it a day ?
It was relatively easy, took me 20 min.

1. Remove the bracket for the ABS/brake cables (I cut off the rivets), then remove the original fender. (if you don't have ABS you may not have this)

2. With the new fender all you have to do is drill the 5/16 + 1/32 hole (or just twist your bit around)

3. Figure out the placement for the bracket, then put some 1/8" nuts/bolts on it (at least that's what I did)

3. Wrench the bolts down into the fender w/ the ring inserts that come from your original fender.

5. Put ABS/brake cable back into the bracket

Reactions: ZZnoTop

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some photos of the bracket:
Grey Webbing Electric blue Automotive tire Metal

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Toney

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yep! Just did the same to mine with that fender. But to the fork brace. Tapped threads, made a spacer and bolted down.

View attachment 32927
I'll be getting EM's fork brace at some point, have you noticed any handeling change in the fender being mounted on the brace vs the body? Or is it purely cosmetic?

edit: Looks great btw, love the large tank & auxiliary lights

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The non-ABS bike does have the exact same bracket. It's only holding a brake line though. We even have the metal mounting tabs for the cover on the forks ABS bikes have.

I just zip-tied the brake line (around that rubber grommet) to the Polisport fender I put on my Gen 3. The back half of the Polisport fender I used is very vented, so the zip tie was easy. But I might try putting the bracket back on using your methods.
Nice, I like the clean look of everything being as close to stock as possible, but it’s a KLR. I already zip tied part of the body plastics down since those grommets are a one-time use

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might attempt to reattach the bracket to the fender. I recently found out that I have a rivet gun and a selection of pop rivets in a box of garage junk I inherited when a friend moved away.
These worked great for me if the river gun gets complicated:

Material property Automotive lighting Font Gas Rectangle

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well. I changed my front fender, again.
Here is the progression:

Stock:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

Supermoto:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Supermoto, lowered:

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

I quickly got tired of the lowered supermoto fender, but was unhappy with the functional downside of the supermoto in stock position. Poor me, my KLR was not a beauty queen.
I found this KLR online, thought it looked sick and used it as a place for inspiration for my new fender mod. I really hope this one will stick 🤞

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you install it over a fork brace, which fork brace did you buy?
Did it settle the wind gust down a bit?
I did, Eagle Mike's fork brace I actually bought from another member here.
It certainly does, I never thought there was an issue with the larger fender catching wind until I installed UFO's supermoto, once I dropped it down it helped even more.

Looks good, looks like a second fender bolted to the fork brace , am I right ?

👍🏻
Yessir, it's a heavily modded UFO supermoto mounted to the fork brace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts