Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I put a similar Poli-Sport fender on my 2017. The first thing I noticed was a lot less helmet buffeting at highway speeds.
I made a 4" extension for the rear of the fender to keep the spray down.

·
Premium Member
11,949 Posts
Fender-Schmender. I can and have ridden hands free with throttle lock engaged at 80mph +, to adjust the velcro on my jacket or gloves.

The Hooked Beak on the Gen 2 front fender does an excellent job of keeping the road construction slime off of the slanted headlights of a Gen 2 at 60mph at night on a twisty mountain road, in the rain. My Gen 1 flat-vertical headlight was covered with road slime, making it nearly useless, (with oem duck-bill fender).
I rode side-by-side with my buddy. I even washed my headlight twice in 15 miles.

·
Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
375 Posts
Looks good

Have a hard time finding a good looking fender for the KLR that is functional at same time

This Polisport looks good , but seems most fenders today are very short on the back side

Are there any fenders with a lover section on back ?

I once bought an Acerbis, made for a KLX … when I installed it in my KLR under the triple /stock location it ended up hitting the back area (radiator, frame)

It was designed I guess for a longer bike with more space between the front tire and the frame, like older bikes

Today’s bikes have less space between the front tire and the frame / radiator area

But the ones made for / that would fit our KLRs have a very short useless rear section

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well. I changed my front fender, again.
Here is the progression:

Stock:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky

Supermoto:

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Supermoto, lowered:

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

I quickly got tired of the lowered supermoto fender, but was unhappy with the functional downside of the supermoto in stock position. Poor me, my KLR was not a beauty queen.
I found this KLR online, thought it looked sick and used it as a place for inspiration for my new fender mod. I really hope this one will stick 🤞

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
89 Posts
The bike looks great!
I like the way the big ol stock beak looks but hate the way it randomly picks up gusts of wind on the highway at 75 mph. It's not sh*t in your pants like some people describe it but it does push the front a bit and I'm hoping if I do the supermoto low position like you have it might settle that down a bit.
Did you install it over a fork brace, which fork brace did you buy?
Did it settle the wind gust down a bit?

·
Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
375 Posts
I might be the lucky KLR owner … never felt any front fender sailing issues

I go up to 90 mph in highways and never get anything like that

I like the stock position tall fender, only the smashed beak is what I dislike

Soon will try a UFO stock position (tall fender) that would eliminate that beak

Wish manufacturers would stop making these “anime” front fenders with all these silly grooves and lines … wish they offered real off road fenders instead

·
Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
375 Posts
Well. I changed my front fender, again.
Here is the progression:

Stock:

View attachment 36342

Supermoto:

View attachment 36343

Supermoto, lowered:

View attachment 36344

I quickly got tired of the lowered supermoto fender, but was unhappy with the functional downside of the supermoto in stock position. Poor me, my KLR was not a beauty queen.
I found this KLR online, thought it looked sick and used it as a place for inspiration for my new fender mod. I really hope this one will stick 🤞

View attachment 36345

View attachment 36346

View attachment 36347
Looks good, looks like a second fender bolted to the fork brace , am I right ?

👍🏻

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you install it over a fork brace, which fork brace did you buy?
Did it settle the wind gust down a bit?
I did, Eagle Mike's fork brace I actually bought from another member here.
It certainly does, I never thought there was an issue with the larger fender catching wind until I installed UFO's supermoto, once I dropped it down it helped even more.

Looks good, looks like a second fender bolted to the fork brace , am I right ?

👍🏻
Yessir, it's a heavily modded UFO supermoto mounted to the fork brace

21 - 29 of 29 Posts