Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a 2008 with 55,000 kilometres on it, (34,000 miles for y'all to the south of the 49th). Runs great in my opinion, burns no oil whatsoever.
As far as I know, it's never have any carb work done on it, I'm the third owner.
I'm getting on average about 250 kms. or 155 miles per tank, and I am VERY easy on the throttle. Is this normal?
I've read on here about people getting 250+ miles per tank?
I've not pulled the carb and cleaned it, but have run a heavy dose of Seafoam through it which did have a very positive effect.

What's my first step in figuring this out?
I honestly don't care what kind of mileage I get, but If I can up the ponies or performance of the 'ol tank, well why wouldn't I?

·
Administrator
8,814 Posts
I would think that your first thing would be to figure out what your fuel consumption is a bit more precisely. "250 kms per tank" is a bit vague and depends upon if you fill up because you ran out of gas and have to push it to the gas station every time, or if you just think it's time to fill it up, or if you fill up because you went on reserve.

I get 5.4 liters per 100 km pretty much all the time and figure it is normal for my style of riding, loading of the bike, and the bike is running right. what do you get?

·
Registered
29 Posts
agree with the above. you can convert to km / liters but, i see between 35-50 mpg on my 2000 running e10 and am usually very heavy on the throttle...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll start tracking my mileage with more precision and report back. It might take a bit of time to go through a tank or two as riding conditions are not optimal up here in the "Great White North", but as long as there's no snow on the road, I ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts