Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'12 Candy Lime KLR
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the PO installed the Eagle Mike doohickey.

I don't know if he installed the torsion spring.

Is it worth it to take the side case off to try to get a good peek and see if it's the regular or torsion spring?

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
88 Posts
:unsure: Not sure what water pump seals have to do with the stator cover side of things but next time you’re doing an oil change or some maintenance go ahead and check.

The gaskets on mine were probably reusable but I had new ones and the old came off really easily. (Clutch cover side is a different story)

I guess if you find out it doesn’t have the torsion spring, mike always ships two day and you won’t be waiting long for it.

Btw, super helpful to screw the plastic plug out covering the rotor bolt so you have a place to push with your thumb when you’re pulling the first cover off and fighting the magnetic pull of the stator.

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
88 Posts
Take your pick! :geek:
Hope you have an inch lb torque wrench!

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
Having just found a loose locking bolt, I'll suggest that it could be a good thing to confirm that neither type of spring could be broken.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,095 Posts
About this problem of seeing if you have an upgraded doo or EM torsion spring installed—has anyone tried to snake a flexible bore scope camera into the innards through the top of the head (cam cover removed) or with just the left side cover removed? If that can be done, it would save a lot of trouble to get behind the rotor.

·
Premium Member
8,278 Posts
If that can be done, it would save a lot of trouble to get behind the rotor.
Most people doing that probably wouldn't know what they were seeing, if they could see IT.

If you snag your snake trying to thread it thru 2 sets of chains & sprockets & a window of the starter ring gear and can't get it Back Out, what ya' gonna do?

I'll call this a BAD IDEA to even try!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts