Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy fellows,

I'm looking at putting on a couple of alpos panniers on an '09. The panniers sit an a nice 10.5" (approx). Does anybody have any recommendations on a good set of side racks that would be narrower to accomodate the panniers? Basically I'm wondering what racks would sit closest to the rear fairings so that the rear of the lady won't be too wide. I looked at a set of HTs (I think they were HTs...), and with the panniers mounted, the width would be approx. 40-42" :confused:

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Ha! And she asked, "Do these panniers make my butt look big?"

I chose the 7.5" Tetons from HT to keep things narrower than the handlebars. I recon the bigger the box the more stuff you'll jam in them... by box, I'm talking about panniers...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have H.T.mount with their Teton panniers--measures 35 inches across,perfect for my waterproof bag from Cabelas which I attach sideways. The panniers measure 7and14/16X18and 4/16 inches.

I find them easier to use than the Givi bags on the DL1000.FWIW.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! And she asked, "Do these panniers make my butt look big?"

I chose the 7.5" Tetons from HT to keep things narrower than the handlebars. I recon the bigger the box the more stuff you'll jam in them... by box, I'm talking about panniers...
HA!

I like big butts, don't get me wrong, just didn't want her to be too self-conscious about it :11a:

I figured the same - more box = more room, which is really what I care about the most. With that said, if I can do something to keep it reasonable, I'm all for it, y'know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts