Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm kind of a bonehead... but I can't seem to find some of the "normal" tools in my profile.. like a space to put in a signature..

Do I need glasses?

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I know I'm kind of a bonehead... but I can't seem to find some of the "normal" tools in my profile.. like a space to put in a signature..

Do I need glasses?
Click User CP on the main page and on the left of the screen below Your Profile will be a Settings and Options category. It's under there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I will piggy back on your newbie ness….
How do I add pictures to any post…???? The only way I can do it is with the thumb nail attachment…
Jake

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
I will piggy back on your newbie ness….
How do I add pictures to any post…???? The only way I can do it is with the thumb nail attachment…
Jake
I use Photobucket, which is a free photo-sharing site. You have to set up an account, then you can upload photos from your computer and they're saved there. You have to endure some ads, but it's free. It seems like people have problems with the site sometimes, but I never have. Uploading the photos there is pretty self-explanatory: the rest is trickier until you figure out how to do it. Some folks here helped me figure it out. Here it is in a nutshell.

Once you've saved your photos to Photobucket, when you want to insert them into a post, under each of your photos will be a blue banner. Click "Share." Another screen will pop up with tabs that say "Post To Website," "Send email" and "Get link code." Select the "Get link code" tab. Once you select the "Get Link Code" tab, it should stay on this tab every time you get to this screen so you don't have to select "Get Link Code" every time.

Check the box by "IMG For Bulletin Boards And Forums." Check the "Full Size" box. You then have to use your mouse to highlight the code in the text box, just like you do if you highlight a web address to put a link in your post. When you've got it highlighted, click your right mouse button and select "Copy."

When you get back to the draft of your post and want to insert the photo, click the little yellow "Insert Image" icon that looks like a mountain. A box will pop up that says "Please enter the URL of your image." Right click in that box, and your code from Photobucket will show up there. Right click on it again and select "Copy," then hit hit "Okay." The photo link will be placed wherever your cursor is. As noted, it's basically the same process used to highlight a web site address and link it to your post.

The URL will then appear in your post. It will have brackets on either end that say IMG. You can only see the link in your draft, but if you select "Preview Post" you'll be able to see the actual photo.

There might be a better way to do this and a better photo-sharing service, but it works for me and I'm used to it.

Hope this helps. I'd like to see some photos from your neck of the woods. I hope I somewhat explained this. I'm sure there are others on here who are more photo-sharing savvy than myself who might use another site that either works better or is easier to use.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Click User CP on the main page and on the left of the screen below Your Profile will be a Settings and Options category. It's under there.
Wow... there it is. I could swear it wasn't there before... like I said; "bonehead".
Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Did you get a picture loaded up to photobucket yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts