Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2018 KLR, Black
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hand Finger Nail Thumb Electric blue
Hand Finger Gesture Insect Thumb

OK. Got my bike into the back of my pickup safely then proceeded to drop it onto the side of the truck bed. CRUNCH!!! 馃槵 (Cowling/faring on right side of bike). DOH!!! 馃ゴ This rubber thing fell to the truck bed floor. I cannot find where it came from even when I look at parts list drawings. Can y'all help me put it back on the bike (in the right place)?

Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
Same here. I rocked a 2018 klr for a while and that part doesn鈥檛 look familiar to me鈥

Reactions: a4twenty

Registered
2018 KLR, Black
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still open to your solutions. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔廡hanks for the (serious) replies! (Frankly, no thanks to the bad comedians who divert the conversation away from solutions). Hoping/planning for the Pan American Highway this year and don't want to find out how important this thingy should have been after it breaks in the middle of Chile, or something. Hoping not to tear apart the bike only to later find that I could have simply popped back into some hole. :rolleyes:

Premium Member
Still open to your solutions. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔廡hanks for the (serious) replies! (Frankly, no thanks to the bad comedians who divert the conversation away from solutions). Hoping/planning for the Pan American Highway this year and don't want to find out how important this thingy should have been after it breaks in the middle of Chile, or something. Hoping not to tear apart the bike only to later find that I could have simply popped back into some hole. :rolleyes:
My reply was dead serious; I don't think the part you show in the picture is a KLR650 part.......just like everyone that responded has said. I can tell you with 100.00% certainty, it's not something that came off a Gen1 KLR.......I don't have a Gen2, so I'm only 99% sure on one of those!

Cheers,
Dave

Registered
2018 KLR, Black
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bad! REALLY bad! Sorry. I was so tunnel-visioned that it was from the bike that I did not even consider that the part was from the truck! It may be! This was a very good suggestion DPelletier! I will check and report back.

Registered
I took one of you picture and blew it up. I'm going to guess it is an anti rattle bumper for the tailgate of your truck.
Have a look at both sides of the gate and where it fits against the box and see if one side has one.

Registered
2018 KLR, Black
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SOLVED! Y'all are the A-Team! 馃憦馃コ I guess the KLR types are pretty darned smart! YES. It was a tailgate de-rattler from my F-150! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Beers for all! Particularly @terry_g, @a4twenty, @DPelletier ... well, it looks like all of you deserve a Friday off. Here is the proof ...

Truck:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Good side de-rattler (near top):
Tire Sky Plant Wheel Hood

The culprit missing part! (not from a KLR, at all! :rolleyes:):
Tire Plant Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Premium Member
Chinga / chingadera - "that little f..ker there which I can't remember the name of."

E.g., "Hey, buddy, hand me that chingadera so I can put this back together."

Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
Well, since I also have a F150, I鈥檒l try to remember where it cam from, if I find it floating around in the bed or on my driveway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts