Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Craig,

Nice job!

The brackets I am going to do for the tube holder will work on your plate also.

The BAD is the wife said I have to wait for skid plate till christmas so I cant make brackets yet................

·
Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Nice work, CraigES. Post more photos when you get it finished and installed! Very nice skid plate there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Craig,

Nice job!

The brackets I am going to do for the tube holder will work on your plate also.

The BAD is the wife said I have to wait for skid plate till christmas so I cant make brackets yet................
No worries, Christmas is comming fast.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking craftsmanship! You might want to extend the bottom all the way back to the footpegs to help protect the backside of the motor. The oil plug is a very vunerable area on the bottom of the motor.
I had the same thought, the overall shape is closely related to stock. Anyway I have an idea on how to deal with it, stay tuned.

Thanks guys for your encouraging comments.

Happy Thanksgiving
Craig

·
Registered
440 Posts
Good job, looks kewl.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally finished my skid plate. As you can see by the pictures, I added some slots for cooling, an extension plate to protect the oil drain plug which can be removed for oil changes, and a few nips and tucks. Finished it off with crinkle black satin power coat. Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very, Very Kewl.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Excellent work, CraigES! That thing is a work of art. The extension plate/oil drain plug protector is an excellent feature. Best-looking skid plate out there, I'd say!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts