Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
Ha! The XR650 video was up on PV Drive East. The section they were riding is maybe two miles long, a couple of switchbacks up and down. They were riding back and forth, two miles at a time.

PV Drive East starts, off of PV Drive South, just past Trump National Golf Club and goes up to PV Drive North. It's a few miles from my house. The whole loop is scenic and fun, with PVDE being the best part. Off of PVDE you can go up to the old Nike site and have a great view of the LA basin.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why I'll be goldarned. Who'd a thunk it? Filmed in Schimtz's back yard. Does look like a good ride, I must say.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Well, I can only say that it is not always 'how fast your ride is', but 'how well that you ride fast'. The XR definitely appeared to get 'pretty low' in some of the corners. He apparently knows the road and his bike very well.

Really not so low on the 'Sport Touring' bike. I'd suggest that they were riding a fairly quick 'pace'. No faster than the slowest rider, which can still make the heart 'race' at times.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
If the letter, "F," were missing from the alphabet, the narrator of the first video would be essentially SPEECHLESS! :)

As an orator, no Demosthenes. A vocabulary consisting only of one all-purpose adjective limits the subtlety and the nuance of the narrative, IMHO. A future in hip-hop/rap? Perhaps. :)

(For more articulate speech, the Port Hueneme docks raise the bar considerably.

·
Administrator
8,256 Posts
...A vocabulary consisting only of one all-purpose adjective limits the subtlety and the nuance of the narrative, IMHO...
I'm known for the occasional use of the vulgar and for the somewhat less frequent full-on Turret's episode, but such casual and constant use of one expletive serves to inform us that this person can be generally ignored in life.

In real life he is likely a dullard and a boor; one to whom I would not have given a penis had I been in charge of penises on the day he was born.

Reactions: PaddyD and Damocles

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After working in a prison for 17 years, I've become quite tone-deaf to speech like that and pretty much expect it from today's youth, even on the street. 13-year-old girls walking around the mall talk like that these days. Apparently it makes you "cool."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts