Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great riding over in the Robbinsville/Stecoah area to be had! I missed this ride last year due to my folks accident (they are doing great, btw), so very excited to get back here! I will have 2 days of organized DS riding (Friday/Saturday), soooooooo hope you can be there!

From one of the leaders.......ridir frith (David):

It is that time!! Our annual sportbike and dualsport festival of fun and frippery.
We have Iron Horse rooms all full, Phillips Motel and Tuckesegee Motel are also hosting riders.
Good riding, good times and something for everybody to enjoy. Even if there is a little too much dust control (rain) we have stuff to do so don't worry about weather just come have fun!

When: April 9-12, 2015
Where: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge.....http://ironhorsenc.com/ Camping available!

Tours

Friday (10th)......great day of milder riding (2.0)! What you will ride: Road to Nowhere (optional), Hwy 28, Tellico Gap, FS 711, Rainbow Springs, Old 64, Tusquittee Gap (Tuni Gap-backup)!

Saturday (11th)......another great day of riding (2.5-3.0)! Roads and trails surrounding Robbinsville!

rider................steed.............days
ridir frith................DR650................Thur-Sun
cherokee_chuck.....KLR719...............Fri-Sun
yotaman423..........KLR650.................?-?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Iron Horse:

As of now........
1. several places still available to pitch a tent (electrical and primitive)
2. Bunkhouse still has room
3. 1 room available

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only a few from the KLR forums will be at this rally, but several more DS bikes should be there. Hope to see some of you guys this weekend!

When: April 9-12, 2015
Where: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge.....http://ironhorsenc.com/ Camping available!

Tours

Friday (10th)......great day of milder riding (2.0)! What you will ride: Road to Nowhere (optional), Hwy 28, Tellico Gap, FS 711, Rainbow Springs, Old 64, Tusquittee Gap (Tuni Gap-backup)!

Saturday (11th)......another great day of riding (2.5-3.0)! Roads and trails surrounding Robbinsville!

rider................steed.............days
ridir frith................DR650................Thur-Sun
cherokee_chuck.....KLR719...............Fri-Sun
yotaman423..........KLR650.................?-?
Alexintenn................?......................?-?
clogan...................KLR650...............Thur-Sun
longleke.................KLR650..............Sat
Enoch...................Husky650Terra.....Sat

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was another great time at CMA's Slaying the Dragon (actually, it has had a new name 'Roads & Trails' for the past 3 rallies)! I was able to lead rides on Friday and Saturday........with a small trip on Sunday with yotaman423!

If you weren't able to join us this year, I hope to see you next year!

Friday

I didn't get to camp till before lunch........so Ridir Frith took a small group out. I got to camp just in time for me and a few guys to go eat lunch just out on Hwy 28 at Stecoah Diner. There is a copy of the first pic in their restaurant..........the pic was taken in 1928 of all the residents in Stecoah. I counted 192 in the pic! We asked if the building was still standing and one of the workers said it was the Art Center now (2nd Pic).

Nice day to ride after the rain...........

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Look who happened to be riding as well..............Hey, Zrexrob!!

Eddie (left) had a bad situation happen the next day, Saturday. After the group split up for a short time (mild route/medium route), Eddie got a sharp broken limb from an overhanging tree, go through his upper lip (ripped it), cut his bottom lip, then cut him in the chest. It was a bloody moment, but he calmly rapped it up and we headed down the mountain. He and another rider headed to Murphy to get it sewn up. They got back that night and he was in good spirits.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Time for bed!

Saturday

We had 19 in our DS group for Saturday's Ride! Good group......they seemed to enjoy it (for the most part).

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sunday

We started off the day with Sunday Service........then Andy and I headed off for 'Road To Nowhere'!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks to Ridir Frith and his crew for putting on another great CMA Event! See you guys next year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts