20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Put in about 250 today in Wisconsin. Rode from Milwaukee to the start point of the annual Slimy Crud street ride. Dropped back southeast to catch some flat track racing in Elkhorn, WI. A beautiful October day on some nice stretches. The 2nd picture was our group. Suffice it to say the KLR needs a new front after 2 weekends with sport bikes.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Helmet

·
Registered
476 Posts
I didn't get to Leland so I have the full ride to look forward to yet.
Is Sprecher's Bar still open. Old man Sprecher, of the Sprecher Root Beer fame used to make us sandwiches and had Sprecher's Root Beer on tap. Rode my Ducati 851S, Bimota Tesi, Ducati Sport Classic and Honda SuperHawk 996 there on more than one occasion. Back when Peter Egan showed up. My buddy Gene Rankin was one of the founders of the Slimey Crud.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Sprecher's Bar still open. Old man Sprecher, of the Sprecher Root Beer fame used to make us sandwiches and had Sprecher's Root Beer on tap. Rode my Ducati 851S, Bimota Tesi, Ducati Sport Classic and Honda SuperHawk 996 there on more than one occasion. Back when Peter Egan showed up. My buddy Gene Rankin was one of the founders of the Slimey Crud.
This was my first ride and I only got to the start (Milwaukee to Madison) for lunch and bike viewing before heading down to Elkhorn for the flat track races. I'm interested, Sprecher root beer is well worth a ride.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650, 2020 Yamaha Tracer 900GT, 2012 Husqvarna TE310, 1987 Kawasaki Voyager
3 Posts
I was there too. You have a picture of my bike in the background in a couple of your shots at Pine Bluff. I think this was my 20th year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts