Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Small dash addition

6K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  scout57 
#1 · (Edited)
Small dash addition I made for my 08.

#4 ·
Thanks. It's made from thin sheet metal. The finish is a Rust-oleum paint called Hammered. The edging is tubing I got at Lowe's that I split open and epoxied on. I am working on a improved design now (a better fit), If people are interested, I will document how I make it make it available along with the pattern.

#6 ·
That is slick. Cool avatar, too.

#13 ·
Being a "tinker" I saw your dash and went nuts!:animal0019:
Grabbed a piece old road sign, (I use that stuff for everything)!! and sorta made my own idea of yours!
I used some of the sign to make "L" brackets and mounted the dash to the upper fork pinch bolts, then pop riveted the "L" to the new dash.
Kept the hole @ the key tighter, so the dash rests on the key mount, but your dash is just about perfect!:)
Took some windshield wiper hose for my edge, (hot glue to hold it onto the dash).
Man, I gotta tell ya, you came up with a really cool idea!
Holds the power port, the plug for the battery tender, 12 volt power for the GPS and the ball for my GPS mount, all nice and neat!
If I could find my camera I'd take a pic of it.:animal0034:
Joe
Sometimes you just see something great!:35a:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.