Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mapped out a partial GPS route that consists of mostly dirt roads, to the Enterprise, AL area on the computer a few weeks ago. My overall goal is to find a dirt route to Knoxville, AL. area. But I’m working on one section at a time. Anyone that has done any of this knows that sometimes regardless of what the map says, the “planned” way may not be a public road anymore or it has been paved. So this leads to the fun part, Exploring it out.

NoleDiver from ADVrider had called me the day before about wanting to go for a ride somewhere. We met early the next day & head out.

We lost track of total miles for the trip but it was somewhere around 250

A couple of our favorite signs of the trip

NoleDiver is back there somewhere…..

A quick pit stop & helmet wash

We came across several patches of new gravel. The pucker factor was high enough that it kept me too busy to remember to take pics….

We grabbed a bite of lunch a Larry’s BBQ in Enterprise. It was great as usual!

One of the reasons I wanted to go towards Enterprise was that I wanted to see the devastation of the recent tornado first hand. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255698,00.html

What is left of the High School

Across the street

It looked like a war zone for block after block after block. Words can not describe what we saw. Please remember them in our prayers.

As I always seem to do, I got so caught up in the ride I forgot to take as many pictures as I should have. Please forgive me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks like a good ride except the part of the damage. :( One hit down south of here last April in a town I work a lot in, it's amazing what those things can do. As for the praying, already going on, just remember if you post this on the "world site" to leave that part out. If you know what I mean.;)

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Looks like you had a good ride.

Marcia and I went down to Gulf Shores after the hurricain hit a couple years ago, It is something else to see cars sitting on top of houses.
The thing twisters has on hurricains is they come and go so quick, everything could be fine one min, then 2 min later there is nothing left but splinters.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Looks like a good ride.How far can one ride on the dirt roads at a time before hitting slab?I'll have to look on a map but looked like a rural area from the pics.Is there the possibility of stealth camping in those areas?

Happy Trails
:character00201:
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts