Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have any brands of good soft bags that work on the klr, or is there issues with exhaust, i love the look of aluminum panniers but they're so expensive...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have some Cor-tech saddlebags that work great, reasonably priced and go on and off easily. I work a 24 hr shift and my food, extra uniform and street clothes for the trip home all fit in the with no problem and with out overstuffing them. Be sure to get the size you need, they have 2 or 3 different ones. I bought them from my son-in-law, he had them on his Ducati when he dumped it. Very little abrasion morks on side of bag, you have to look close to see them. Cost, approx $140-$150 new.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I mount them across the seat, they end just at the edge of the plastic exhaust pipe cover on my '08. Sorry I couldn't post pictures, I can't find where to insert the film anywhere on my computer. And if I do find the slot, do I put in the developed picture or the negative :)

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Cortech soft luggage works for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tourmaster Bags

I have a set of Tourmaster sport bags and tail bags. To make sure I didn't burn them with exhaust I added some PMR racks $95.00 on E-bay. The whole deal was about $300.00. I lkie the fact I can easily remove them if I want to. They hold plenty as they are expandable and leave room on the tail rack for tents and stuff.

I plan on adding a Tourmaster Mini tank bag next. This should be plenty of space for stuff.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I picked up a set of fieldshear bags last year for under $100 from bike bandit. Have worked pretty well but I wouldn't do any hard offroading with them. I have a set of simple ATV tank bags but they get in the way of my tree trunk legs. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cortech sport saddle bags and tailbag. Look on ebay or craigslist...you can find someone selling them used. That's what I did. Paid 110 for the 3 piece set. Also, in this pic, I have the 1 tailbag up pretty far...not necessary though. I just wanted the other tail bag in the back. It was the first time I had packed the bike up like that.

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
Cortech sport saddle bags and tailbag. Look on ebay or craigslist...you can find someone selling them used. That's what I did. Paid 110 for the 3 piece set. Also, in this pic, I have the 1 tailbag up pretty far...not necessary though. I just wanted the other tail bag in the back. It was the first time I had packed the bike up like that.
I use the Cortech bags as well and really like them. Also, Turbocity makes a really good rack that is designed specially to go with the Cortech bags. The rack keeps the bags from flopping around and is sturdy enough to wrangle the bike around with.

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I just bought the fieldsheer ones Buildit has. $75 buck deal from bikebandit. We'll see, I wasn't really even "in the market" in any immediate sense, but knew I'd want them someday and didn't figure to see them cheaper.

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
I just bought the fieldsheer ones Buildit has. $75 buck deal from bikebandit. We'll see, I wasn't really even "in the market" in any immediate sense, but knew I'd want them someday and didn't figure to see them cheaper.
Hey, you can't beat that deal with a stick! They look like roomy bags, too. If there is a downside to the Cortech Sports, it's the capacity (well of course, that's why they're call "Sports", Tom...). What's the capacity on those things?

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
19x8x11 expanded, I believe. Stoked. Now my trunk seems tiny. :)

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
That's pretty good! A couple of cubic feet at least.

And they're sorta coffin shaped, aren't they?

Do they come in silver?

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Haha! Nice. :16a:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts