Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the dirt rack rear crash bars on klr camo with Nelson rigg soft saddles over top; the new version bags they just came out with. I really like them so far, except I wish there was a simple way to take them on and off, like a quick release. It takes time to take them on and off. Planning a camping trip in June/July 2017 to New Hampshire White Mountains and will surely need a soft tail bag. Considering the matching dry bag from N-Rig but does anyone have an opinion on another brand? Wolfman? Does anyone have a similar setup and can send pics? Also considering a hi Vis color or black. What would you do?Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
"Soft" and "Dry" don't belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about antiperspirant.

It you want stuff to stay dry get a trunk.

Google EMGO Trunk

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
"Soft" and "Dry" don't belong in the same sentence unless you're talking about antiperspirant.

It you want stuff to stay dry get a trunk.

Google EMGO Trunk

Ahh but, Toney a hard case trunk can be more easily broken in a dirt road/back-woods tip-over---Crash.
Depending on how badly broken it may not be able to continue to carry its contents.

Bunjie cords and web nets would keep a torn Soft bag and contents mostly aboard, maybe no longer 'Dry'.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ahh but, Toney a hard case trunk can be more easily broken in a dirt road/back-woods tip-over---Crash.
Depending on how badly broken it may not be able to continue to carry its contents.

Bunjie cords and web nets would keep a torn Soft bag and contents mostly aboard, maybe no longer 'Dry'.
Ahhhhh,,,, good point but,,,,,,,, I carry a soft bag inside my trunk (ammo bag from Walmart) and all my stuff is in it. If I need more room, I move the bag to my rear seat, strap it down and have an empty trunk.

Thought you had me there didn't ya ;)

PS: The idea is to keep it upright at all times. Problem solved.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bags look great on your Camo KLR. As you im sure are aware, we make matching 15L and 30L roll bags as well as a 40L dufflebag.

I put the dirt rack rear crash bars on klr camo with Nelson rigg soft saddles over top; the new version bags they just came out with. I really like them so far, except I wish there was a simple way to take them on and off, like a quick release. It takes time to take them on and off. Planning a camping trip in June/July 2017 to New Hampshire White Mountains and will surely need a soft tail bag. Considering the matching dry bag from N-Rig but does anyone have an opinion on another brand? Wolfman? Does anyone have a similar setup and can send pics? Also considering a hi Vis color or black. What would you do?Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts