Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ready for your next adventure? This is for you!! This is perfect for social distancing as it will get someone to places that are rarely visited by others.

I have run a VIN report on this motorcycle and it has a No Problems Found status and clean bill of health. This bike has not been in any accidents.

Pictures available upon request. Please let me know.

I bought this 2006 KLR-650 a couple years ago and I just haven't ridden it much and have decided to let it go and let another soul venture forth. This clear title KLR is in great shape and only has 12,900 miles on it. I prepared it as though as I would have another KLR adventure but it didn't happen. I took one ride around Lake Michigan and Lake Superior for about 2400 miles on this bike. This specific bike has not been on its true mission yet.

My previously owned KLR traveled with me all over and I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed KLR riding for the last 14 years. The scenery I've seen by riding has been spectacular. It has empowered me to see North American from coast to coast, Canada, to the Arctic Ocean, to the tops of some great Colorado peaks (Engineer Pass and Tin Cup Pass to mention a couple), numerous national/state parks, and dual/single backwoods tracks. It has been a total gas. I carry the essentials for camping and cooking fiddles. One of my most vivid visuals was the Milky Way from West Texas, simply outstanding, and wildlife galore, including musk ox, bears, wolves, and moose in Alaska.

This KLR is ready to go for serious off-road riding. I installed parts from a previous KLR for rocky road readiness. The most critical item being an aftermarket shock as the OEM shock just will not cut it. Upgrades include the doo-hickey, better fork springs, hardened replacement sub-frame bolt, heavy duty bash plate, fork brace, engine guard with highway pegs, heavy duty shift lever, inline gas filter, center stand, tall windshield, new air filter, and wired for an electric vest. The Continental TKC80 tires and oil/filter have ~2400 miles on them and have plenty of wear available. The TKC80 is a great tire for the KLR.

All riders are responsible for their own riding skills.

The bike comes with the stock OEM seat. I do have a Russell Day Long vinyl seat available which is a dream and is true that you can sit on the bike for miles and miles in real comfort. The bike buyer will have first right to buy this. $250 - no tears or rips.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
KLR Moab Shock is from Todd at Cogent. These guys do fantastic work and provide great service.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
I hesitate just a little, to tell you that the rear shock in the picture is a Genuine OEM Kawasaki shock with that pinion shaft preload adjuster.

Maybe you need to find a Newer picture?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hesitate just a little, to tell you that the rear shock in the picture is a Genuine OEM Kawasaki shock with that pinion shaft preload adjuster.

Maybe you need to find a Newer picture?
O man. Thank you so much. I had the shock in a box. Now I can install it or lower the price. :) So sorry and again, big thanks. IMG_20200623_193751.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you pdwestman. Shock installed and I updated the pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bike is sold. Thank you KLR Forum. It's been a great 14 years of owning and riding the thumper. I've seen and gone places I would never have been. Safe travels and keep it shiny side up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.