Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Sorry you had to sell your bike. :( I've done that before.

Reactions: Dualthing

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
You've been a picture taking icon here Dualthing. Hope things go well for you in the future. Just because you temporarily:) don't have a KLR doesn't mean you can't hang around here anymore!
Best Regards and much respect....justjeff

·
Registered
901 Posts
Dang Dualthing, that totally sucks! I really enjoyed the pics you posted!

Hey, just because you don't have your KLR doesn't mean you can't post pics here anymore - or hang out with us KLR folks anymore... Stay around! You may end up getting another KLR in the future!

Reactions: Dualthing

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Dualthing,
I also enjoyed your pics. Several times, I almost felt like I was along on your rides.
Hopefully you can justify purchasing another bike in the near future.

I have not been without 2 wheels and a motor since my 1st one, in 1969! I'd miss it immensely.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Best of luck Dualthing.....

Your photos were impressive to say the least. I don't know the reason that you departed with your bike but I am sure it was for the right reasons. If it was financial reasons then maybe consider employment from behind a camera...you are definitely gifted in that area.

Hope to see some more of your photos...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Does that have an MZ 660 engine?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Booo, HISS, HISS, Blasphemy! OH THE INHUMANITY!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???!!:banghead:
Regards....justjeff

ps.....Nice Bike!:c0125:

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
With the success of the KLR I don't know why Yamaha doesn't sell the XT660 here in Canada.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
23 lit
I'd love to stay on as a Thumper supporter, although it's not a KLR
So, people will have to live with replys of XT :) :character00201:
Dualthing,
Tell us 'americans' more about it! Fuel Injected or Not? Fuel Mileage? Top speed? Tight trail manners? Open Highway Stability? In Cross Winds?
GVWR? Available touring Accessories?

My 1st bike was a Yamaha, 1966 YL-1, Twin-Jet, 100cc. I fell into this job at the Kawasaki Dealership, 39 years ago!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't you guys have the XT660Z Tenere in America and Canada?

Yes, the KLR has also been discontinued in South Africa, no more import due to fuel emisions, what an idiotic decision by government

I also believe the the XT-Z will also not be imported for a while, price war with supplier

I had a XT660Z in 2011, so I know the bike

A lot more power, fuel injected, build quality a lot better than KLR, suspension way better, and so I can go on

Always had a soft spot for KLR, had 3 in the last 7 years, so that should say something

Will expand on the XT660Z, maybe start a new thread?

In the mean time it's raining cats and dogs here in South Africa, winter time, a guy on a motorbike today, does not own a cage :)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Nope! Nothing here between the XT250 and the 1200cc Super Tenere which weighs 585 lbs!!! Big hole in the Canadian market there!!
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
In the interest of full disclosure....
Though I haven't sold my KLRs I have been mostly riding this for the last year...
2008 KTM 690 Enduro FLAME ON Boys!
JJ

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
In the interest of full disclosure....
Though I haven't sold my KLRs I have been mostly riding this for the last year...
2008 KTM 690 Enduro FLAME ON Boys!
JJ

Tom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts