Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a Rekluse auto clutch from an esteemed gentleman who is a prolific contributor here. I did not install it. It is for sale, cheap. If you’re interested I’ll fill in the details.

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
My suggestion is to list it for sale with the details and see where it goes. Generally if you have't sold here in a week or two there isn't much interest and you might want to try other avenues to sell.

·
Administrator
9,303 Posts
I can certify that the clutch in question has less than 25 ridden miles on it. It seems to have thousands of miles of travel courtesy of UPS, FEDEX, and USPS ;^). I can also certify that it worked very well and as intended.

At least I think I can certify to those things. You said you got it from a gentleman and I, I, well, perhaps that was a slip of the tongue or a typo. Maybe you were dictating to Siri and she messed up.

Reactions: 2combs and klr4evr

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
At least I think I can certify to those things. You said you got it from a gentleman
Did you not like the slack in the clutch cable at idle?
Did you not like the feel & harsh down-shifting with-out using the manual clutch lever?

Maybe a Magura hydraulic clutch release conversion would have allowed it to automatically compensate the slack change between idle speeds & engaged speed? I got a chance to ride a new Husqvarna 300 two-stroke on Memorial weekend and never realized that it had a Rekluse clutch installed, because it had hydraulic lever, which I of course squeezed with every shift.

·
Administrator
9,303 Posts
It was an experiment to see if the clutch could be installed in the pre-'96 clutch, which is an install that Rekluse doesn't provide instructions for. The install was successful but an auto-clutch just wasn't my cup of tea. I installed it, it worked just like it was supposed to, I put about 25 miles or so on it and uninstalled it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts