Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
You were on the right track... I thought you were going to get it Stew. My doo was done at the 2500 mile mark, and my spring was toast. I now have 23,000 miles on her, and thought.... Time to let her breathe.

This is the LeoVince X3

What did you do for Jetting?

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
Looks good! Kinda figured it was the muffler when I saw the no muffler pic, but I didn't want to spoil it :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
How much of that was supplied by LV? Is that something you made up, or is it actually a product they're making for the KRL? Now, how is the sound, compared to stock?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Already have that on the bike Tim. You know... one for the ride back to camp.

But that does'nt stop you from making that ride anyway. See you at Buster's, and then we ride!!!

MB4
I am ready to ride! When?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How much of that was supplied by LV? Is that something you made up, or is it actually a product they're making for the KRL? Now, how is the sound, compared to stock?
None was supplied from LV. I got it from another supplier. The box states "KLR650 1987-2009" It fit like a glove. The sound will change with the different inserts. That range is from quiet, and throaty, to LOUD AND THUMPERISH.

Tim, I was told that no jetting was necessary. That was one of my requirements

MB4

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Paper,

I may of not understood your question. The box is from LeoVince, bought through another distributor. The box is clearly marked KLR650 1987-2009. I hope I cleared that up...

Sorry.

MB4

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I was wondering if LV (Leo Vince) made the pipe actually for the KLR.. I wasn't aware they were making a KLR pipe, and I was wondering if it was just a silencer, or a complete pipe/silencer kit..

Looks great, by the way!!

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was wondering if LV (Leo Vince) made the pipe actually for the KLR.. I wasn't aware they were making a KLR pipe, and I was wondering if it was just a silencer, or a complete pipe/silencer kit..

Looks great, by the way!!
Sorry about the confusion Dan. If you go to the website, it is there, but no info on it. My guess is that it is fairly new to the market. I was surprised to have it. I took it for a ride today, and liked what I felt. mid-pipe, and all the goodies that go with it, is another great thing from LV

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Now for something a little different:

A littler after dinner stuff,

BACON wraped Cherrie puff pastrie in Chocolat, coffee, merlot sauce with ice cream..... and Port wine

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Now for something a little different:

A littler after dinner stuff,

BACON wraped Cherrie puff pastrie in Chocolat, coffee, merlot sauce with ice cream..... and Port wine

I'll be there in two hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2007 with the X3

Resurrecting an earlier thread instead of starting a new one....
I've been researching aftermarket exhausts and liked everything I had read about the LV X3. Happy Trails has them and I had the wife pick me one up while she was in Boise today.

The good- Love the throatier sound with the quiet insert and spark arrestor.
I had already done the 22cent mod and drilled the slide and just "seat of the pants" feels like I have more midrange torque to play with...subjective to my buttdynometer.

The Bad-Had a hard time getting it positioned where I wanted it due to the end of the rear fender being in the way. Wound up having to trim the fender a bit in order to get it to fit.
The bolts that came with it had to much shoulder and bottomed out on the nuts before they would tighten up, even with the big honking spacers they provided. Wound up using some ss bolts that I had in the toolbox.

I have seen in my readings that some have to trim and some don't....not sure why the difference. I did ask the install guys at Happy Trails if I would need to trim the fender on my specific year model and they said the ones they've seen just bolt on with no problems. I even told them I have their SU racks on but they said it wouldn't make a difference.

Bottom line...I'm happy with the better sound and the perceived improvement in midrange. Just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone else decides on this pipe and some of the issues you may or may not run into.

Go ride.

-
Todd

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think Im ready for mine to sounds Thumperier..I like the original sound but I get
jealous of you guys with the manly sounding bikes....I think its my next upgrade.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
That's why I clip baseball cards to my spokes.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts