Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the new is off my 2011 KLR. I lay it down on a Back Road. Broke the Clutch Lever & Scratched it all up. I just didn't plan on it so soon. Engine Guard, Skid Plate, and Bark Busters are a must!!!!!

Sure did hurt to see it like that.:35a:

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Hey, look at it this way: at least you got it over with. Now you can be like the guys in "Jaws" who sit around at the table in the boat comparing scars and telling stories about how they got them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't feel too bad. After all, it is a dirt bike and should have a few scratches here and there. Replace the functional parts and enjoy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show me the way to go home! I'm tired and I wanna go to bed! Had alittle drink bout an hour ago and it went straight to my head! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Well said!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
:character00268: :)

Don't let it get u down. (pun, count it)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I remember when I first went down on my '09. The left fairing looked like a bear attacked it and it had claw marks. It seemed pretty cool so I left it that way until eventualy I had to get a new one. I should go out there with a box knife and try to duplicate the scratches but I'm sure it would look like a hack job.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dropped mine at work in the parking lot. Everyone was there. Had installed my caribou cases the previous fall, so the damage was minimal. Pride hurt worse!!
this spring, I installed the swmotech crash bars. Now, we can all laugh at our own stupidity!!

Black '09'

·
Premium Member
5,516 Posts
Back in '94, while I was in Korea, I had my brother pick me up a Suzuki SP600. He sent me pictures of it and I drooled over them for five months before I could get home. It was older, but in pristine condition.

Got back home, went to his place to get it and we went riding trails in the Rampart Range area of Colorado. I hadn't ridden for four years. Within 100 yards of leaving the first trail head, I tried to get around a rock on a slope and wound up falling over and knocking a fist-sized dent in the gas tank when it hit the rock.

I never did get it fixed. I felt really stupid and was extremely pissed off at the time, but now when I think about it, I always laugh.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
When I bought my near mint 73 CB450, I got it from a guy in Wisconsin and had it shipped. I must have looked at the pics a million times. They dropped it putting it on the truck and put a golf ball sized dent in the tank. I was so mad. Over it now. Sort of. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys! I'm sure there will be more! The biggest reason I bought the KLR is because I can do what ever i want to it. I've learned alot on this site & gotten great Idea's. I hope it looks like something out of a MAD MAX movie when it's over! Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts