Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, been here in So Cal for over a week on a job. Had a couple standby days when we first arrived and got to meet Tom Schmitz. Great guy !!! Will hook up once more before we leave, only wish I had a bike here and a few days off time so we could ride his haunts!!!

Had a bit of off time today and went into South Bay Triumph. Been going by there everyday on the PCH and spotted what I thought was an 850 Norton Commando in the window. Turns out it was a new 961 Sport....nice.

photoNC by a99flash, on Flickr

Sitting on the showroom floor is this new Royal Enfield Bullet 500. It is a modern unit with Fuel injection, not like the RE's of old where to start one you had to engage the choke, retard the timing, gently kick it over onto the compression stroke, and then kickstart it. This one still retains the kickstarter.

photoRE by a99flash, on Flickr

In the first days here I went to Del Amo Motorsports I think in Torrance and drooled all over the Ducati 1199 Panigales, Multistradas, and this KTM RC8 1190 R.

photorc8 by a99flash, on Flickr

Too bad my bum knees wont allow me to ride comfortably on the sport bikes, maybe that's a blessing.

L.A. is a Motorcyling Mecca. I lived here for 26 years and miss it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts