Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a KLR anymore, but since this joint ain't too many pics yet, here are some I shot recently while staying in Port Isabel/South Padre, Texas on the vstrom.

Did a quick jaunt down from Austin, to Port Isabel/S. Padre for a week in a friend's place and took a few snaps.

Hope you enjoy.

Skip Hunt

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larryboy said:
nice pics,skip. wow,is that water as smooth as glass or what? ever been to santa barbara? on a day without wind the whole bay looks like that.
It's odd that of all the folks from that other site... you're the only one left who'll converse with me. ;-) Don't you think thats funny? ;-)

Actually, there are some inlets of water that look man-made to me.. so that wasn't the actual "coast" the coast is about q quarter mile further. But yeah, it was nice that morning.

No, haven't been in Cali much at all. Always figured I'd eventually end up there, but the wife like's it here in Texas... and, I suppose I do to. I'm just getting tired of the lack of geographic diversity here. The Hill Country is nice, but outside of that.. it's a long way in any direction before the landscape changes significantly.

·
Registered
990 Posts
skiphunt said:
It's odd that of all the folks from that other site... you're the only one left who'll converse with me. ;-) Don't you think thats funny? ;-)
it's a bright shiny new day...just work towards starting a new relationship with people and you'll find that most will let bygones be bygones.

it is a little funny... :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great pics, Skip. Is that a 650 or a 1000? I want one of those things BAD!

That shot from the deck.. Is that your house? It looks beautiful there.. Kind of like Clear Lake here in Cali (only the water isn't green and slimy in your shot) :p.

-T

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Timbo said:
Great pics, Skip. Is that a 650 or a 1000? I want one of those things BAD!

That shot from the deck.. Is that your house? It looks beautiful there.. Kind of like Clear Lake here in Cali (only the water isn't green and slimy in your shot) :p.

-T
Thank you.

It's a 650. I was coming from a KLR and the 1000 just felt to unwieldy to me. I'm pretty happy with the 650.

Not my house. A friend has a little place on the Texas coast and he let me borrow it for a week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Deerhntr said:
Yep nice pics Skip. I've checked out some other pics of yours on the web and you sure have a good eye for photography. Keep em coming.
Thanks for looking. Will do. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
X6_Hustler said:
Skip, what kind of camera ya totin around? Very nice composition on the pics. :D
Thanks!

For travel, I've been using a Panasonic LX1 compact and have been pretty happy with it for the last year. There's a new LX2 out now too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts