Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Form stockton any one want to ride on weekends around area kids bout all gone time for ridin again just yell KLR650 2008 great ride Mike [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weekend Ride

I live in the Clever area. Drop me a PM and maybe we can get together and make a ride. I have a friend in Carthage area that has a KLR.

August 5, five of us are planning on riding to Colorado to a dual sport rally. Then we are going to ride part of the Cont. Divide.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wekends ride

yea jerry that sound good let me know your scedual

·
Registered
21 Posts
New to the forum here. I've finally convinced my wife to let me go for the KLR. When I get in, which may be this week, I'll get back on here. I live in Springfield, MO, and ready to get back in the groove.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South west Mo

Welcome G4373 in springfield Mo.:character00268:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Springfield

If I get this bike, one of my first trips will be out to Stockton and camp out by Crabtree cove. Not the campground, but off some dirt road that leads right to the water. It's going to be nice to leave the gas guzzling jeep home and just live off the klr for a change. My wife doesnt camp, so all is good.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the area but i am not placing the dirt road if you are talking about the one going to the quary it is all blocked of has been for a few years

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G4373 I sent you a PM :animal0019:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Instead of turning right into where they blocked off the quary, take a left. The dirt road makes a few turns. A mile or two down the road, you start going down and the main road takes a sharp left. If you go straight, you go down a somewhat grown in dirt road that takes you to the water. It's still passable with a car i think. I found out the hard way the blocked the quarry when I pulled up in my Jeep and and all my camping stuff in my trailer. I used to camp out on the peninsula out there. That was the best spot in the world out there, but found out too many litterbugs ruined it for the rest of us.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is also a dealer down at branson west seem to be good people was in there not long after i got mine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I met them a few weeks ago. I've actually called a few places today. The ones I believe have one are closed and the others don't have them. I almost headed out to Bolivar until they said they were out. I'll be on the phone first thing in the am for one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Alright, now I'm a new owner of the 2008 KLR 650. I pick it up later today as I'm too busy to get it right now. It's blue. I don't feel like getting a storage box right away for it, but does anyone have anything in mind to use beside a milk crate on the back? I don't want to look like white trash.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing wrong with a free milk crate have used many in my day:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
You know, I do have a couple and won't have a problem on the weekends strapping one on. I'm actually going to see if I fit on this bike with a full outer frame backpack on. I don't care what I look like on the weekends, but I'm going to try and use this for work as well. I'm in sales so want to be as professional as you can be on a KLR, lol. I road the bike home today on the highway and it felt great! I probably won't hit any trails for a few weeks until I'm totally used to it. The dealer said to bring it in for the first service for 150. What do you guys think? I normally wouldnt do it, but being new and all.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
New Bike

G4373 how is the new bike did you get her picked up?:)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well they told me the same thing and my answer to them was will it afect my waranty if i cgange the oil and filter my self they said no but keep record of proof any way. so you going to head to stockton this weekend for camping let me know if you do pm me or email [email protected]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I may be going to a friends house to watch some UFC fights on Spike with some guys I used to work with. I'd be on the bike now, but with no insurance or plates, I think my ride home was the only one till the plates are on. If I get my way, I might take off to Stockton early Friday evening. If you get on google earth, or maybe even google maps, you may see that dirt road that goes straight to the lake.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea i think i know the road you are talking a bought i always thought it was a drive way never thought of going down that one.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So did JJ's pony up the one they had?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts