Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was concerned a lack of activity on this heading could be misconstrued. Am not in a position to speak for the true 'deep South' as I am only 20 miles from Missouri and a 22 year transplant at that.
I think they're just too busy riding in this fine fall weather to post.
Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Riding in South Texas

We were thinking about spending the winter in south Texas. I was wondering if someone can tell me where the good dual sport riding down that way is. We are looking at Edinburg, Texas.
Floyd

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck getting Texas riders to speak up Mntman. They are no where to be found. I think they all moved to Ohio. I'm goin to Texas just to see for myself. Bet I don't find any KLR types anywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
jwd1342i am a n.f.g with a 13,000 mile 650 isthe doo really that nessary.
Depends on where you saftey comfort level is.
Is the doo a problem? YES about 1/3 are bad.
Will it harm my bike if I don't change it? It could, one of the guys here had his motor lock up after a fall. The broken peice of the doo lodged in the cam chain (I think it was the chain).
The new part costs about $40, and take a couple hours to change.

If you do a search on the doo, you can find all the threads that explain everything I say and how to fix it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Am I the first one from TX? For those visiting TX, there is plenty of good riding just depending on what your style preference is. The KLR is so versatile. I prefer hilly, twisty, soft dirt roads ... most of that is to be found around San Antonio, but there are other places. If you want more specifics, I will be glad to provide what I know.

Sean

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wondered about the same thing myself, have 4000 miles on mine, took it apart today, doohickey just fine, spring broke on the crankcase side. Anyone know an address to bitch to.

·
Registered
94 Posts
245 miles, 4.5 hours, per MapQuest. Ex had people there, long time ago. Just found out there are two Mountain Home, Arkansas.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are lot of roads, fire and otherwise to ride, BUT NOT AT THIS TIME OF YEAR. PEOPLE HAVE A TENDANCY TO SHOOT AT ANYTHING MOVING RAPIDLY THRU THE WOODS DURING DEER SEASON. People in this area are very serious about killing deer. County roads blocked off to protect deer stands right beside road, and I mean right beside road. Warehouser land, when they cut the trees they leased the land. Had roads closed while logging, turnstiles still in place so hunters just lock the gate. Ask Garland County judge about it this summer, still waiting on answer, no one gets in any hurry, when it comes to messing with deer hunting. Bad enough in Little Rock, Prosecuting and Defense attorneys asked judge for dates out of deer season last year. Even justice takes a back seat to deer hunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Texas $.02 worth of info.... Just participated in TAR last weekend... Texas Adventure Ride in and around Junction TX. 225 bikes and riders, probably half of them on KLRs. Great area, on the edge of the hill country. On Saturday I rode the three sisters (twisty blacktop ribbons) along with miles of gravel and dirt county roads from tame to wild. Water crossings of many sizes and swiftness were enjoyed by the riders. Will be going back to explore more roads when there are not quite as many folks buzzing around. It is now my second favorite part of TX to ride, right behind the deserts and mountains of Big Bend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts