Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few friends and I tend to get together at least 1-2 times every month in the summer for a weekend breakfast ride. We've all been busy this summer, so this weekend we finally got out on Saturday for a KLR run.. Unfortunately, my one friend/co-worker with a red KLR didn't make it, or we would have hand a full fledged gang and all different colors, too..:)

We stopped in at the historic M&M in Monticello, WI. It's a small cafe that closes mid afternoon. Great breakfast (BACON) and a neat, old time atmosphere.

We then wandered northwest with no real destination. I then remembered an old grind mill just north of Hyde, Wisconsin and we were off.

It's a neat old place that's been set up to show off the old equipment.

Here's the actual mill and waterwheel. To preserve it, it's now a no tresspasing area to keep it from getting damaged and to keep people from getting hurt in it.

They have a bunch of old grind stones lined up on display. Good BSin' spot.

If only for the red bike to have made it along..

A closer look at one of the grind stones..

And something to instill a bit of knowledge..

I've known about this spot for years. It's a neat spot with zero traffic to stop and reflect.. One of these days I'll remember to bring my fishing pole as it's also a trout stream..

·
Registered
206 Posts
sweet

Looks like you guys had a nice day.

I love the small out-of-the-way places like that.

Brian

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice ride Paper, I am going to do a bit of that today. Weather is going to be in the mid 80's, so I am going to take a ride up past Sandpoint, Id. where my 2 boys are working, remodeling a resort on Lake Pend Oreille (Pond Oray). Have lunch with them, then up towards the canadian border, back across into Washington and home, about 350 miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts