Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I put the KLR into storage (the long winters nap). Truely a sad day.
At that time I installed a new air filter (UNI). I am keeping the original stock filter for a spare. Do any of you folks recommend a specific way to store the spare filter? Dry or pre-oiled? In a plastic bag?

·
Registered
257 Posts
don't really think it matters if the filter is dry or otherwise, unless you feel it will harden up like an old sponge sometimes does. But putting it in a plastic baggy is probably a good idea.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'd oil it and stick it in a ziplock.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Same here.. Cleaned, oiled, bagged for use.. When I tear the dirty one out, that night I wash it and let it dry.. Next day I oil it up and toss it back in the other filter's clean (but oily) bag.:)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody. I've cleaned, oiled and bagged it. Had I thought about it I would have remembered the last time I cleaned it. The filter had to be clean, dry and oiled before I could replace it. I just wanted to ride. Now I can replace it and deal with the cleaning & oiling later.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmm I just ziplocked mine dirty. Went from a stock to a Uni. Guess I should probably clean it up, thanks for the reminder! :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, my two spares are clean, oiled and bagged - ready for use.
This!
I roll all the air out of the baggies and then put them both into a seperate bigger baggie when I go on a trip. They take up very little space this way.
And they will last a lot longer if kept out of the sun too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts