Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there with an opinion on spark plugs for a 2007 KLR? I have run irridium on my Mean Streak and have always felt like they worked very well. I'd like to know if there is anything out there worth the money or if just the stock plug is all I need.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Lockjaw got bit by this a couple years ago.. Bought a $10 spark plug and after a couple months the bike ran like crap... I told him to go back to the $2 plug and the bike has run like a top ever since..

For some reason, the KLR doesn't need or want to be run on expensive spark plugs.. I use the stock, cheap plug and I change it out every 10K miles, whether it needs it or not.. When I take them out, they still look like new with barely noticeable electrode wear..

Do as you wish, but I'd save the $8 for a 6 pack of really good beer.. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I too run the Iridium sparkplug and have been for about the last 5k mi with no problems, I changed to the Iridium plug to try and sqeeze some better mileage out of the bike, I didn't notice any change. The KLR engine is not designed to be "high performance" and seems to work better with the "off the shelf" products like the standard spark plug. Next time I change my plug I will probably be going back to the stock plug.

·
Administrator
8,305 Posts
Mmmmmm. Natty Daddy.

T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts