Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first 650 recently. Noticed a flat this morning, took it to 2 gas stations and a mechanic, none of their pumps could fit my tires. THis seems like a pretty noob question, but what am I missing? A part I can buy on my own somewhere?

TIA.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
853 Posts
No mystery, standard Schrader valve. What year and do you have a rim lock installed? where was the bike parked when the tire went flat? Post pictures, we like pictures. Welcome

·
Lifetime Member
2,507 Posts
Previous owner might have put the wrong sized valve core in. Could account for the garages chuck not sealing and possibly the flat as well.
Also possible that the core has threaded itself out if it wasn't tightened when installed, same result as above.
Sounds kind of wonky, but I've had both happen in the past (though not on my KLR).

·
Premium Member
10,774 Posts
Truck tire chucks with the 2 different angles for inner & outer dual wheels will almost NEVER work on a M/C wheel unless the M/C has an angled valve stem on a tubeless wheel. Which the KLR does Not Have.

·
Registered
2005 KLR650
60 Posts
Truck tire chucks with the 2 different angles for inner & outer dual wheels will almost NEVER work on a M/C wheel unless the M/C has an angled valve stem on a tubeless wheel. Which the KLR does Not Have.
I make mine work, but on the rear it requires putting the entire chuck inside the spokes front to back. Doable, just a little inconvenient.

·
Registered
2022 Khaki no abs, Thermobob 2, tusk panniers gen2, modified crash bars gen2, Tusk D-flex, 16t front
428 Posts
I make mine work, but on the rear it requires putting the entire chuck inside the spokes front to back. Doable, just a little inconvenient.
Yes! THIS ☝put the whole air chuck and hose in the spokes like halfway across the back wheel and you'll gain straight access to the stem😎👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts