Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway possible to get a spot light in front of me for my 2008 KLR650 so I can better see the road. I am running H7 Sylvania xtravision now but I gotta tell ya on some of these freeways I couldn't tell ya if their was a semi's piece of 4x4 in front of me or not until it was to late. I love how I can see the road in front of me in turns wow great light but then as soon as I flat out its so spread out it diminishes...Thank you

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Is there anyway possible to get a spot light in front of me for my 2008 KLR650 so I can better see the road. I am running H7 Sylvania xtravision now but I gotta tell ya on some of these freeways I couldn't tell ya if their was a semi's piece of 4x4 in front of me or not until it was to late. I love how I can see the road in front of me in turns wow great light but then as soon as I flat out its so spread out it diminishes...Thank you

Have you tried adjusting the beams? My 08 came with the headlights pointed way high.

The Gen 2 has pretty good lights IMHO

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
While riding through British Columbia with my Brother and Nephew, we got caught in the dark on a busy highway. My "11 KLR with stock bulbs led the way. It had better lights than my Bro's RoadKing or the Nephew's Vulcan Nomad.
I agree with Spec, check the aim and you likely will find your issue.
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you upgrade the bulb in your headlight? It should be plenty good.. Keep in mind that these aren't really to be compared to car headlights which are much more significantly brighter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did you upgrade the bulb in your headlight? It should be plenty good.. Keep in mind that these aren't really to be compared to car headlights which are much more significantly brighter.
did I, no, I put one of these in http://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-60W-Cree-Chips-LED-Lens-High-Beam-Car-Fog-Lamp-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-/390630772266?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item5af3688e2a The auxilliary led's are plenty bright enough that I don't need to use a head light. problem is it is on 24/7 so sucks juice even though it's useless. The led is about the same brightness but with a lot less juice sucking going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts