Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this years fun and frivolity, I have decided to host another ride for 2014. Ride will be (tentative) April 19-20 and be an overnight camp ride. BBQ/ Meet n greet in Chino Valley, AZ on Friday the 18th. A couple of different routes are planned and will be decided by weather but will be off the beaten path middle of nowhere camping for Saturday night. There will be be food/gas stops on the way but NO ameneties at the campsite,if you didn't bring it, it ain't there! ALL bikes are welcome but ride will only be posted on KLR sites. Let's ride!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tentatively IN!

But you have a big job ahead of you topping last year's very cool ride.

:high_five:

Good luck with that, brother!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Dan, hard to top this years ride.
But you can do it, no problem.

It looks like I'm in again for 2014.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You two are always welcome at any ride!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Uh oh.............. Wife has plans for a trip to Florida that month....

So, if I ride down to Arizona, then fly to Orlando, fly back to Sky Harbor...

I'll work this out somehow.
(I hope)

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
OK, just to help our KLR brother Willys, here's some teasers from the 2013 ride.

Johnson Canyon Tunnel and view...

Lunch stop in Williams....

more views.....

Oh, and did I mention the views?

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's a lotta KLRs! Thanks for posting the photos, Jeff. Nice memories of a great ride.

Really looking forward to the next one.

Dan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lookin like we will have a similar crew for this upcoming ride, I couldn't ask for better guys to ride with!! Welcome Cliff, Hope you can make it!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
thats a lot of good looking bikes, at least thats what those harley riders said as they creeped by gawking. count me and captain innapropriate in and quite possibly my buddy carlonius funk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My son is about as good a go cart pilot as I am on the KLR. He should be up and going by ride time, might take him with us 2 up.

:rightsidecar:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Well, that's better than the first one I saw.................

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's home now and thanks all his "biker buddies" for the well wishes. He's gonna have a long road but he will make it! He will be up and at em by April!

As a side note, I personally thank all of you for the support for him, it has not gone un-noticed. Thank you all again!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Glad to hear he's doing well, Jon. Let him know he's officially part of the biker gang that his dad hangs out with.:chopper:

Dan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dan, He will be happy to hear that!! was it ever decided if it was a "biker gang" or "biker buddies"? LOL, he's a trooper and didnt cry and whine like I would have!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
So my daughter calls a couple of weeks ago and says she quit her job and she's moving back to California. But of course she needs dad's help to drive the moving truck back, OK, and I book a flight from Sacramento to Phoenix. During the flight I see Half Dome in Yosemite, spot Panamint & Death Valleys, and the Colorado with Hwy 40 and Laughlin out in the distance............. "And then that would be Kingman, which Hwy 40 leads to...." Just as we started to drop in elevation,

HEY! I know where I am at!

First the complete view out my window for those that have been there.

And a cropped version for Sean, please tell him I was yelling at him as I went by Jon. Google Earth your address and compare looking south. But I couldn't see the goats.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! You even got it centered!! took me a second but yup, you got it!

1 - 20 of 204 Posts