Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
everything is all packed up and ready to go. capn just stopped over on his killer. then when he went to leave it went zap and died, no lights nothing. loose battery connection was quickly confirmed as the culprit, then i noticed some odd scalloping on the far right lug on his brand new rear tire. all we can think of there was either bad rubber on that side from the factory OR something like a rock got pinned in the swingarm and wore the lug down until it fell out, either way we are baffled there. going to be keeping an eye on that. however we are both excited to get going. 12 hours till we hit the road!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Everyone in Oatman is an ass

·
Registered
298 Posts
i took a fall. Not too serious, just busted up my right leg.

Many thanks to Jon, Jeff, and all the others who made me comfortable while the emergency crews tried to find us. Nice helicopter ride to Yavapai Regional Medical Center. Splinted and allowed to go home so I can be surgically reassembled much closer to home. I'm sure others will post the goofy photos we took while waiting.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Man! That sucks Cliffmeister! Hope you heal up and get well soon.
Best Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
First of all, Thanks to all the riders that made this ride. You are a great bunch of guys that I'm happy to ride with any time. The ride was a challenge, undoubtedly. During the planning of this ride, we decided that it should be more off road than last year with minimal highway time. You guys did awesome. I hate the fact that Cliff got hurt but I'm keeping him in my prayers for a quick recovery and he'll be back on two wheels soon. It was a true testament to the character of the group how everyone pitched in and stood by Cliff while he waited for EMS to show up. Cliff is a stand up guy and kept his spirits up during a challenging time. My ride report will be coming soon as I put it together. I didn't take hardly any pics but I have Carlos and campfires pics. Once again, thanks to all showed up and made this ride as fun as it was.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Definitely the most memorable ride I've ever had. Great group of guys, new friends, and caught up with the others. Challenging, scenic, and what a camp spot! Cliff has a story, and pray that he's back on that KLR in no time at all.
I'll post more pics when I get home, but for now, it's another two days ride to get home.

Thanks again Jon!!!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App on my mePhone

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the cap'n and I made it home safe about an hour ago. bikes ran good but it was windy and chilly until about 3pm. thanks for the memories guys, and Cliff, heal up buddy. looking forward to riding with you again. never seen anyone take an injury like that and not even wimper. total stud!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I'm really sorry about your boot cliff, but there's more out there.

But all this talk about the crash, leg, helicopter ride, etc. is after the fact that we were all having a great ride.
Cliff looked pretty content out there.

Almost home. 231 miles to go, but these darn Starbucks keep jumping out in front of me.
More pics later.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App on my mePhone

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey, Everybody, I just wanted to let everyone know I am doing well.

I sold the KLR to a friend of Jon's (19willys51), and picked up a 2005 Kawasaki Concours. I've only ridden it twice. My right ankle is not yet limber enough to get up on the brake easily. However, in time this will pass!

Let me just state, for the record, that a tib/fib fracture is (at least for me) much harder to get over than 4 fractured ribs and 4 fractured vertebrae!

About the beginning of September, I will be able to go back to work! Then I can start paying on the massive medical bills! :Tongue2:

181 - 200 of 204 Posts