Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the third anual Spring Fling in WV as put on by Mike, Kay, their family. Photos only for now and video later.
The ride is not competition but a great gathering on dual sport enthusiests. It includes a full day Saturday ride through the back hills of WV and is totally sponcered by donations!:11a:
Kay is a great cook too.

I'm planning evil things.

Come on Mike I rode the creek twice!:23a:

Opps :49:

People pitching in to fix up some bikes before the ride.

The ride was broken up into three groups. Agressive offroad, relaxed offroad and road ride. Eric and Abby did two up on there KLR on the relaxed offroad. Way to go guys! :)

KLR riders know to relax and just have fun.

Others bikes try to prove a point. LOL

Great time was had by all and as I said a video will be up soon on utube with a link here. PS some new music for the video will also be featured!:35a:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can add some pictures

KLRMIKE was a great leader and took us on some outstanding trails. Sure wish we had that kind of open area near us.

BTW, Thanks for the 5:35am alarm this am. The farm is aptly named....

Couple of "Rider Down" pictures. Rick ( bigrigger ) has a KLR that got hot so it layed down in a big mud puddle. Rick was hot too so he just rode it down with it. ( yea it hurt...)

The second one is when the bike just strayed off course and he had to try to wrestle it back onto the road. He was unsuccessful....

It was on the warmesh side.... Nothing that a cool spring fed creek could not handle.

Think he can ride this creek?? You be the judge...

The wannabe waterdog...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
603 Posts
It was certainly a great weekend.We had a total of 43 riders and around 56 attendees.Didn't take any pics for some reason :mad0235: The offroad rides covered 85 miles of jeep and quad trails along with 3 larger water crossings and several smaller ones.The on road,which is kinda misleading,covered 95 miles.It ran down roads that were creek bottoms :).No serious injuries,tho there were a few scares.Couple of missed turns and one collision with a pretty good size boulder.:18:.

here is the link to ADV for those who would like to see many KLRs in action.Buildit has filmed a good portion of the rides

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457926

Next year I would really like to see some folks from this forum make it :16a:Everyone is welcome

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yep,Corey has photos of Mckim and Bonds creek crossings.I haven't been able to get up with him yet.He has a very nice shot(front page material(IMHO)of Gabby on his LC4 coming down into bonds creek.He's on a drilling rig somewhere in WV.Hopefully post them up soon.Nice vids Chris

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep,Corey has photos of Mckim and Bonds creek crossings.I haven't been able to get up with him yet.He has a very nice shot(front page material(IMHO)of Gabby on his LC4 coming down into bonds creek.He's on a drilling rig somewhere in WV.Hopefully post them up soon.Nice vids Chris
Very cool, can't wait to see them since I tried to spray as much H2O as possible at the crossings. LOL

·
Registered
603 Posts
Got a few pics from the S F today.Will post more later

There's two up on the last one:)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a few pics from the S F today.Will post more later

There's two up on the last one:)
Good shots. I guess it's worth mentioning Eric and Abby rode last year two up also. Wish Tom had been able to stay for the ride, I think he would have enjoyed it a lot since the offroad groups were smaller this year.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Few morw pics

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike,
Did you guys ride exactly the same route? Seems like you had far more photo stops and yet made really good time. Just curious.

PS nice WR250 you got for Mac. Has he let you take it out for a spin yet?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did the same route untill Five forks.From there we came back thru Pullman.Shorted the ride by about 15 miles at the end.Left out the Huges river crossing,the rough rocky section and Blacks run at the end.we were in Pullman around 17:00.Alot of the photos Corey took before he had to go to work.And No,Mac hasn't let me take a ride on the 250 yet :mad0235:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did the same route untill Five forks.From there we came back thru Pullman.Shorted the ride by about 15 miles at the end.Left out the Huges river crossing,the rough rocky section and Blacks run at the end.we were in Pullman around 17:00.Alot of the photos Corey took before he had to go to work.And No,Mac hasn't let me take a ride on the 250 yet :mad0235:
I liked that rough rocky section... I rode it last fall when we visited. IIRC is was mostly all uphill with some technical downhill parts but not "real" tough. I was kinda psyching my self up for that section on the SF but we never got there.... Next year!

BTW, does Mac sleep in the garage next to his mistress? :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts