Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed in the past few weeks a squeak coming from either the front wheel or the rear wheel... I can hear it very distinctively in first gear going slow... chain is oiled, rear wheel spins freely, front seems fine... I'm puzzled. Bike has 5000km on it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Is chain adjusted properly. Have to isolate whether it's front or back.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Noticed in the past few weeks a squeak coming from either the front wheel or the rear wheel... I can hear it very distinctively in first gear going slow...

Go faster!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
is it while you're turning the handlebars?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I had a rock stuck in my front caliper one time that made a squeeking noise at low speed.
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a ninja 250 that made this kind of noise. I could only hear it at low speeds also. Turned out to be an lightly lubricated speedo gear causing the noise. After pulling the front wheel and tossing some new grease in, the sound was gone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Puggsley, yea I think that's where I will start. I havent got to ride it in a week so I havent even made any progress on this problem, and it's almost time to put it back into storage. Damn you, winter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My bike does the same thing. Its only when going slow, it does not matter if I'm turning or not, and it isn't the speedometer housing or cable-I lubed them.

Gotta be a spoke.

I originally thought dry headstock bearings but I've convinced myself otherwise. Not wheel bearings either.

I gave up.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You need to either get better ear plugs, or turn up the iPod volume.

;-)

My favorite bumper sticker: "They couldn't fix my brakes, so they made my horn louder".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts